Thread: Do the Launcher Reset the ini in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Do the Launcher Reset the ini in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Hello friends, some of my settings kept reverting to the default values for no apparent reason. Very frustrating. Once I stopped using the launcher and started directly from the exe. This behavior stopped and pulled out the configuration. Coincidence? Anyone else seen similar behavior? So please tell me about it. Thank you.

Re: Do the Launcher Reset the ini in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

No, you're not imagining things always add comments to the default settings when you change a value, I disabled the shadows due to the misapplication of them gives me headaches when full screen flicker like the update every few seconds, added comments to point out failures in the two settings back after running the game once and the comments have disappeared and one of the options had become = 0 to = 2000.0000 (default is)! It's good to know that the files will TESV.exe that instead of having to replace the lead with a backup each time before launching!

You can also try it and also you will be able to get it and also you will be to do it that make the .ini file as the “read only” file and the launcher will not reset it, so better try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shikamaru Nara View Post
    You can also try it and also you will be able to get it and also you will be to do it that make the .ini file as the “read only” file and the launcher will not reset it, so better try it.
    Yes, but can cause other problems - since the game will not update the configuration, as it leaves - that is, you'll overwrite your screenshots each time you start the game for a new session if no changes are name as the index cannot be updated in the file .ini! - And the game sometimes crashes or freezes for a time out when it comes to saving the session settings.