Thread: Chemical Plant 2 lagging in Sonic Generations

Chemical Plant 2 lagging in Sonic Generations

There are some points in the chemical plants two which reasoning a huge performance hit on my computer, while all other stages work wholly smooth. It is all the time the similar points with one in exacting that causes a big trouble (editing with a screenshot in a minute). Does anybody else have this problem?

Re: Chemical Plant 2 lagging in Sonic Generations

Very slight fps drops in a couple of areas for me, otherwise it is perfect on my machine. The water pipe is probably where most noticeable for me, but it was not too serious. And at the same points for me too. I wonder if it's more of a problem loading rather than a graphics issue. I am not an expert in such things, however.

Same problem. Damn game works perfect for me in Green Hill Zone, but a couple of moments in the chemical plant where it drops to 10 fps or less. No matter if I turn off V-Sync and adjust the shadows and reflections to the floor, which barely makes a difference. Notice very slight delay, nothing that breaks the game for me, though. I have vsync.

I like the frame rate at the same points as your screenshots, plus some other areas. My frame rate usually stays around 60 years with occasional drops in the levels I've played so far (including chemical factory), but when it falls down to 30 (possibly less).

My Specs:
    Core i5 2500K (stock)
    GTX 460 1 GB (overclocked 800 MHz core/1600 MHz shader/1800 MHz Memory)
    8 GB G.Skill Ripjaws 1600 MHz 1.5 volt
    Auzentech X-Fi Forte

I know I'm not overheating because I've seen my temps computers for several months while playing quite a lot of games that I have and I all the time run MSI Afterburner overlap in the game so you can check the use of GPU / temps while playing. I think there might be a trouble with my computer, but I have been trying to figure out what could be several months without any results.

Is not a hardware problem, as I'm getting some little jerk at times too. Game runs at 60 fps, almost always, but when stutters happen is a little big upset. I think this game was designed to operate at 30 fps (console versions). And in the computer have the advantage of playing at higher resolutions and higher frame rates almost always, but if the reduction in visual quality does not help, it seems more a problem with the engine of the generations of Sonic who cannot handle 60 fps ever.

It is not a specific thing is play. Read a review of the console versions, it happens all the time. I even did a test, I set my resolution to 1024 X 768, became shadows, v-sync, reflection and Antialiasing off and I have yet the downturn is as bad as I did running on high. So do not worry, it's not the machine, which is the game and I hope that SEGA patch. Spread the word to keep the forum is full of people asking if there is something wrong.

It's an engine problem, dumped up to 480p resolution and has the slowdown in all the areas mentioned in Chemical Plant. In the demo for PS3/360 Green Hill Act 2 slowdown occurs in the jet of water after landing from the giant fish as stomping on the bridge and it happens on your PC too. It is more obvious and unpleasant here, because it works at 60 FPS normally soft.

This looks to be an engine trouble. I attempted as Salvor and Demon212 dissimilar resolutions, v-sync on / off, shadows and stuff, and looks to do typically the similar points. Chemical Plant 2 appears to be the worst I've found so far.