Thread: Can I register Battlefield 3 Serial key from physical copy into Origin

Can I register Battlefield 3 Serial key from physical copy into Origin

I will preorder the limited edition physical copy of BF3 from Amazon as £ 10 cheaper than the original preorder. But what I need to know, I can register my serial number of the physical copy source and just download the original game without using the disc? I have not got a DVD drive in my PC, since they have not needed a year and it would be awesome if I can use the CD key on the source digital download.

Re: Can I register Battlefield 3 Serial key from physical copy into Origin

You should be able to. Since the point of origin is like steam. Your user account registers your CD keys for games in that country. And keep in your account and, if necessary. You can make the files from it. If I am not wrong.

I pre ordered through Amazon when BF3 was 30% discount. When the pre order unlocked at 21, I went on my Amazon library and copy my key dog tag game and pre bonus key BF3. Then he opened his home, click the little computer icon and selecting the option to redeem the code. I pasted in my code, source code validated the game, then hit me on my dog tag code and also validated source. Then download BF3 right through Origin. I even did this to my other EA games that I had already downloaded via Steam. You can also add games to your library source. Just copy the key and paste into your steam source. Naturally, you do not have to re-download through Origin, if you have already downloaded the steam if desired. But at least you are entered in the source library.

No matter whether or not you choose to get the physical copy or digital. You own no rights to the game. The EULA allows you to own a key, however, cannot even access the game without logging on the source and battle record. So have a physical copy means squat. It is a browser game. The game is accessed through a website. Do not really see the point in buying a physical copy while still required to access the source every time you play the game.