Thread: Football Manager 2012 Match Engine

Football Manager 2012 Match Engine

Anyone have any idea about this? I just saw one video and the goal is really easy. Why I had never seen some of the objectives of this type in real life? I mean, these kinds of outcomes still occur once in every 4-5 games, is pretty decent to give the AI goals with ease.

Re: Football Manager 2012 Match Engine

One of my complaints too, but do not see them as often as you indicate. Hopefully the next update to see the guardians ME play the role of modern sweep is today and not be so scared to get out of the box. The missing linen offside is nice and realistic though.

I think Paul C has basically admitted that this version of the match engine is in the past so it does not improve for FM12 and the focus of this year, all ME work on things that happen for FM13. This suggests a rather radical reform underway. I understand it, I think, but would have been nice if he had spent some time at the beginning of the development program FM12 rid of some of the issues that are AI in this version - the previous target is a constant problem with AI, excessive frequency the objectives of the corners and the ability to exploit weak corner AI attacking the near post, advocates way under minimum pressure is place the ball for a corner in its place of a throw-in. I would think that even small things like this might obtain a patch set FM12.

This is actually a very smart move by SI. I hope to continue serving the ME every 2 years. Too much time was spent setting new me errors rather than problems and other features. On the third patch the game engine is not ideal, but quite big. So we can keep that and append further perfections in other areas for example AI behaviors, new gens, training, interactions, and so on. Not certain if this is possible, but it would be nice to have a reversible beta patch for me to effects test in the published version of FM, so more tests can be done and the new FM can benefit from it.

That is not saving more money for not working in ME. It is simply shifting resources to other areas. When you finally release the new self FM13 containing two years worth of ME, if you charge more money than usual?

That's the thing, however, to correct this error then two slipped as a result. Everything in the code which is connected by a small change can trigger a lot of issues. The current match engine is 10 years old, after all, it looks like it has some limitations and I'm sure they have gone so far as possible. I'm glad you're focusing on a major overhaul instead of spinning by adjusting the current code. Personally, I could not buy FM12, and that seems to have quite a few improvements on FM11, but it certainly will be buying the next version of the "new" ME. I'm sure it will be worth the wait.

That occurs each 4 or 5 games as you say. Goalie goal kick, midfielder / defense is headed back - forward has a 1 on 1. I have asked about the resistance of this in years past (which has been in the game per year) and get the same old "playing with the deepest descent shouting" responses despite everything else in my game is fine. It's a bit of a joke to be honest. I would like to see the testers at this point as we have all seen a thousand times. Elevate as a high priority bug.

One way to stop the kind of goal that proved to be scored against set GK Defender Pick and choose one of the FBs for what will happen to them instead of booting the ball up the field and perhaps establish his death in the short time.

One person did acknowledge that it was a known problem, but it was a coded part of the ME and therefore cannot be fixed until a new EM was done. Unfortunately, it also tends to happen most of the teams that fight, as the opposition takes her attacker later. Those who were playing the best teams did not see it so frequently because the strikers are not playing as forcefully.

The reason why SI cannot solve this problem is that I know the physics of the ball is not advanced sufficient to implement header complexity. No matter what the guy who runs the ball if the ball was killed by a meter (the head) or if the ball is flying through the air slowly for several seconds before landing on the forehead. He will direct the ball wherever they want anyway. The match engine is not sufficiently advanced to implement team that defends well. This is because of what I call "balloon syndrome". If the ball runs loose (i.e., no one is in possession of the ball), the way I work it becomes very noticeable: you can make out there is only one player on the field who knows where the ball - and even sure. One time you find the ball and the game identifies the possession again, the 21 players begin to move usually again.

More or less this, though I disagree a little on the defending team (but this is only my point of view). There was the intent of the new physics to FM12 IIRC, but not made in time. And to be honest, I prefer the approach taken. Exit this latest iteration very slick, and so far more error-free, so the work for the new FM13 comes. Although I noticed my wingbacks are functioning much superior this time Napoli 3-4-2-1 FTW.