Thread: Why Orcs Must Die Marketed As Indie

Why Orcs Must Die Marketed As Indie

Anyone have any ideas about this? Why Orcs Must Die Marketed as Indie game? Aren’t you guys a little big to be an indie studio? Is there any other reason for this? Please know me the reason behind this.

Re: Why Orcs Must Die Marketed As Indie

Not actually, mainly not that OMD is his first original IP. I confess they are a little bigger than I generally think of as Indy, but I think I fall below the umbrella.

They are indie in the sense that they are independent. Although, I always surprising when the robot is assigned the "Indie" label. When I think of indie very small studies I think the creation of very small games. Then you have an indie dev robot creation of titles such as AOE-S and OMD - that does not calculate very well! I have seen the indie games that are much larger than the MDGs. AI-war fleet comes to mind in particular. That could beat WM OMD and Nightmare in the time it gets to play a complete game or two, and has a handful of growths out for it.

I have not heard anything about getting on the PS3. I think the Xbox and PC are fairly easy to cross between (both are based on Microsoft, after all) so it makes sense that a game would be in the two systems. PS3 is probably very different and therefore requires some effort to get the game on that platform. At least get an exclusive MS through any effort on your part, and to get an exclusive RE do not want to do extra work to get a PS3. At least that is my thought.

Technically, OMD's first original RE game. They have been doing the work of other securities made to date, and OMD is your original work, first. Independent can mean many things, and a game can be the indie genre, even if it is being performed by a known company. I would say in person, tower protection games are at a standstill very indie genre, and this game surly has an original take of it. All this is independent on what I can say.