Thread: Control refinement in Orcs Must Die

Control refinement in Orcs Must Die

I am going to order this game but just one thing is stopping me from ordering: The controls. Can you change them? WASD is fairly standard, but it's not what I normally use. Am I just missing something totally obvious? That seems like a huge oversight if not. Also, even at the lowest setting, the mouse is still way too sensitive. I want to jam that slider over just a few more notches. Great game, I just want to play it in a way that feels comfortable. I put up with the demo because I was checking it out, but I doubt I could do it for level after level after level after level.

Re: Control refinement in Orcs Must Die

Customizing control is definitely needed. In addition, there must be a key to the weapon used previously (fast change). This should only be only through weapons. They putted right buttons I use for my game so I got no problem with it, but for people who want to change, I mean, this is the key PC games of change is a necessity.

The controls are great I don’t know what you’re talking about, just get utilized to WASD they shouldn’t alter their game just for you while it’s good for everybody else.

In every PC game only lets you customize your keys and not only him but others. I have no problem, since it is the keys you use in BF, COD, AOE, etc. SC and WASD is for lefty and I'm right handed, it's amazing that the developers of the game play console port for PC and encode Leftys controls to something that cannot use. It's like a big FU to PC gamers.

Since when cannot use WASD leftys? It might be slightly more convenient to be IJKL or something, but not like the layout of the keys is different. 4 keys is still a relationship of equals with each other. And yes, I used IJKL as a curve to the right, and had no problems with it at all, except I had to change my keyboard a couple of inches to the left, so I was not so wrinkled (not even the 10 " more or less to reach the same place that my WASD usually is). That said, I agree that the ability to change hotkeys is a kind of base to be honest, and its super rare that is not included. I know people with QWERTY keyboards will not be in trouble, as mentioned in the question / Troubleshooting.

Game developers want to hear what customers are stupid! With a capital S, T and A, and U, and P, and I, and D. End of story. Why bother making it in 3D? It should be only done in 2D and told everyone, "tough game, buy it anyway."

You can (or at least I can) hit the space without too much difficulty with the right heel of his right hand while using WASD with him. Admittedly not the most natural of movements, but actually works. That said, key assignment has been in the game for ages it seems a pretty serious oversight to leave out. Even console games tend to have reassignment, so no one can say that just because it's Xbox or anything like that.