Thread: Begging or Interaction with neighbors in Farmville

Begging or Interaction with neighbors in Farmville

With our neighbors in the new Raffle Booth? I thought that was what the game is all about, helping one another. Am I wrong? Please share your ideas with me? I am waiting for your replies basically I am so much confused with it? I try to find about it on net but still not able to find about it. all replies are appreciated.

Re: Begging or Interaction with neighbors in Farmville

No, you're right; I'm surprised that people think in a "social game" that we won't need to ask for help/items from our friends. Zynga might go a bit over on requests etc. But I play Frontier Ville too, and I know that in Farmville we almost don't have to ask for items/help if you compare with that game. A social game should involve interaction with your neighbors, and part of that is helping each other out.

It's a matter of relativity. If it were just the one thing on its own, it would be an interaction and not unpleasant. When it accumulates on top of the existing features that are already barraging players for large amounts of help, it becomes annoying begging. It could easily be that tiny last straw for players who are already stressed by the game. If you play daily it doesn't seem like much because you can stay on top of it, but for non daily or weekend players logging in to FV it is probably daunting enough to send them running for the delete app link.

I think it is a matter of degree. Doing something like a co-op just feels more interactive than asking for items to be sent. It Maybe because asking can be "one way". I understand we can ask back. But some neighbors are emore zealous about the asking and not everybody decide to perform all of the activities. However I don't have a difficulty through asking in restraint. FV occasionally tests the limits of moderation. City Ville has gone technique past it and that is why I have blocked it.

I just can't see it as a big deal. I got on the game this morning, went to my Booth and ask for Tickets (It took about 10 or 15 seconds) then I opened my Message Center and had 15 or 16 requests for tickets, I sent them plus other requests for other things and sent them (Another 10 or 15 seconds) so total time spent helping was about 30 seconds.

The issue I have is that for example - I have neighbors who are now only playing every other day - and some only twice a week. I can send as many requests out but only the 1st six are valid the rest tell you that farmer been has already been helped so it's a wasted click and the clicker doesn't get a ticket for attempting to help. So even if I send them ask for help (so they can also get a ticket which they will not get many of) for most of them it will be a waste of time clicking on them. I don't call that interaction. I interact with my neighbors on the feed. We ask for help with many things and we click and converse often commenting back and forth for quite some time and others joining in. This frankly feels more like begging for spare change rather than interaction.

The problem is that for many people only a few of the requests show up in the message center. It takes a lot longer than 30 seconds to go through Facebook requests. Let’s say the average person sends out a 1) a gift 2) a request for a different gift 3) a request for super seeds 4) a request to grow a duck 5) a request for a quest. So 5 requests a day (some people will send less, but some people will send a lot more to since #2 & #3 could be sent for multiple items.) Now let’s say someone has 20 active neighbors (this is a fairly low number, given that people are forced to have over a hundred neighbors for the last cash expansion, but probably a good estimate given the number of people quitting or becoming inactive in the game) 20 people sending out an average of 5 requests a day.

Of course it is a plan by zynga to keep us playing for longer amounts of time; they can then use this number of active players as a reason for charging high advertising rates for those who place adverts on the farmville page. It is for this reason that you 'white screen' when making your farm full page after a certain number of times, it means you have to look at the ads. Now for those who don't pay to play that is probably acceptable, but I do pay and it annoys me no end that I am forced to pay twice as it were.

On mine I've found if it doesn't show in the message center, I click it to help on FB it just takes me to the game, so right after I come out of the game I clear/decline the requests on FB. It only overwhelms you if you let it, you don't need to collect or send back each and every thing people send. Most of the time they only sent it to you because you sent it to them. You have to break the cycle. Don't send back the (thank you requested) is a good start.

I'm not sure what you mean about clicking on the FB request and then getting taken straight to the game. There is a limited number of messages that will show up in the message center to begin with--unless someone can check their message every hour they are probably missing messages, and many people have posted that their message center doesn't work or only works erratically (mine only works erratically which is better than not working at all.) Which means we must deal with requests through FB--which is much more time consuming than "30 seconds".