Thread: Importance of Key maping in age of empires online

Importance of Key maping in age of empires online

Firstly I'd like to say I love this game and I do love the little bit of PVP that it has. However I cannot believe the lack of PVP functions, no more than 2v2, no FFA, you know exactly what I mean, and I just want to tell you to sort it out so you can make more money, as I know a lot of people who just cannot be bothered to play the bad quests and just want to play against other people! Like on AOE 2 the ranking system and the whole set up on msn game zone or whatever it was amazing, this system is sad.

re: Importance of Key maping in age of empires online

People like you fail to understand that there’s little reason to offer that much PvP content when the vast majority of the people playing wont enjoy it until they've hit max level. Makes allot more sense to give people time to get that far before introducing new features and modes for PvP, in case you hadn’t noticed there are very few people even on the scoreboards which greatly reinforces my point. The development cycle for this game so far has been very short, and with this game being a MMORTS they have needed to spend loads of time making items/quests and designing the system etc.

Robot Entertainment is the ones who have been making this game for the large majority of its cycle. They clearly had VERY little interest in supporting the PvP community. Since GPG have come they have redesigned the whole PvP system and they are the ones who actually created the Sparta region. If it wasn’t for GPG PvP would be even worse than it is now. GPG have stated they know the importance of PvP. So at the moment enjoy 1v1/2v2 for now and a year from now I’m sure this game will have tons more pvp features.

You do realize it was MGS who made the development priority decisions since it started don't you? It's great that GPG have developed some extra content but they are only doing so because MGS made the decision to have them work on it. The simple fact is that PVP is where it is at atm because MGS decided it was not a high priority area and didn't allocated resources to the development of these features in the original project. They appear to have changed their mind somewhat over the last 6 months.

I'm no RE fan boy but to be honest I'm a bit tired of everyone blaming them for the where the game is at. Think back to all the discussions during beta - it was people like NWGameDad (MGS) who called the shots and made the posts explaining the priority decisions they had made. When you have a publisher (MGS) paying for the development then you the developer (RE/GPG) work on what you are told o work on not whatever takes your fancy.

I don't plan on paying 20 dollars for 1v1 and 2v2 only. I got this game thinking i could play pvp with a friend. But yeah the game just came out so hopefully in the future there will be more pvp added, and then they can have my money. For now I’ll just co op I guess. And yeah I don't think there will be that many people maxing out their levels any time soon, surely might take me a month or 2.

I am a bit confused with this pvp thing. With the free version you may find someone to play but the problem is that if someone owns the premium edition you don’t have any chance of winning? Also just to add something to this conversation I don’t know if the majority here is not playing pvp but I am again one of those who prefer to play ONLY pvp. So guys I think pvp is indeed important to us. I was trying to find some other people to play pvp last night waiting searching and found no one. I think this functionality needs to change.