Thread: Information of gathering rate in age of empires online

Information of gathering rate in age of empires online

Here is some gather rate information I took for everyone. all of these test were taken on build 5233 and for every test the villager had level 32 titan shovel which gives +19.2 % gather rate for all resources and a slot 2 item that gave + 7.4 % gather rate for food. They had no advisers on which would increase any gather rate. Also all the drops sites for the villager were right next to them for every test.
    • 1 vill gathers 77 foods in 1min from berries (no upgrade), 1 vill gathers 93 foods in 1min from berries (age 1 berry upgrade).
    • 1 vill gathers 69 woods in 1min from trees (no upgrade), 1vill gathers 80 wood in 1min from trees (age 2 wood upgrade).
    • 1 vill gathers 71 gold in 1min from gold mine (no upgrade), 1 vill gathers 80 gold in 1min from gold mine ( age 2 gold upgrade).

Re: Information of gathering rate in age of empire online

Just some interesting stats for people to look at. However there is one problem I believe. In all the past aoe games herded animals gathered the quickest and in this they gather at an equal rate to berries without the upgrade. I don’t know if you guys meant to do this or if you just never noticed this. But I feel like the gather rate for herded animals should be increased. I never realized there was such a difference. Thank you Give Anxiety for pointing that out. I will have to change up my play a little now.

What I find really interesting is that herding is as slow as unupgraded berry bushes. While I never found gathering from cows too interesting, I'm still shocked. I think their gather rates must be broken or something. The unupgraded gather rate for berry bushes is 0.9. There's also a gather rate for "economic" which is 1.0. Equipping gear with the Gear Finder and calculating lists the gather rate for herdable as +19.25% which means villagers don't even have a base gather rate for herdables. I think that "economic" gather rate is supposed to be the one for herdables?

The hunting values are really good, but I don't know how exactly you tested it. Don't forget that villagers probably lose extra time as hunts are usually scattered around (although it's still better than gathering berries). Also don't forget that hunting in Age 1 is probably not worth it if you have to travel 1-2 screens. And watch out for Noosepoles (I hope it's going to be nerfed).

That 'fix' word assumes it is currently broken. Things do not necessarily have to be exactly like they were in other Age games. Herded anomals do not have to be a faster food source, maybe it is OK if they are just 'another' food source. In a real game, my herded animals do gather faster because I get them positioned right next to the TC, no walking time. In the real game, after the closest berry bush or so are exhausted I do not make a new storehouse so the vills have to walk a tile or so to drop off food, making berries a little slower.

It would be great if they removed noose pole from the game. Hunting would become a lot more attractive to go for asap and raiding would by effect come into play more and, most importantly, earlier. Cows and goats should be at least twice if not more than the standard berry bush gather rate. There in the game with no gather upgrades other than the hammer your villager is fitted with and early scouting tactics are required to herd them towards your town center on a pvp match. Less work on a PVE match as the ai doesn't herd them.

I'm not sure what the original intent was for having the noose pole. If it has been use as was intended, then it's OP and needs a nerf. If it was simply meant to make the scout more viable in early age 2 battles, and then it could still be balanced out if they added a damage multiplier against vills for the scout (like x0.1 or something). I think it would be okay for a noose'd scout to *barely* take out one well-geared vill by itself, but against two vills or a vill and a scout, it should lose.