Thread: On the barrier regarding buying Panzer Corps

On the barrier regarding buying Panzer Corps

Looking at the trailers, it looks like a well-made game but one main thing which prevents me as of getting this game is the game length. I think I read that the longest campaign length is a little over 10 scenarios? It's been a while since I played PG, but didn't PG have much more? If it takes me an hour per scenario, then, not counting replay value, isn't it basically $40 for about 10 hours worth of game Or is the main campaign going to be lengthened for free in future patches?

Re: On the barrier regarding buying Panzer Corps

The highest campaign tree is 14 scenarios. But you will get total 26 scenarios for playing. So this will depend how well do you perform. You can play all the scenarios individually. There will be expansions and probably the tree will be bigger. I doubt that you'll spend only 10 hours. There are people here who have already spent 10 times more with the game. Remember there's multiplayer, and people are starting to mod and doing their own campaigns and scenarios. This is a game like the original PG, you keep on coming to play.

I also wanted a longer campaign (particularly if you obtain decisive victories), therefore I modded the campaign file. If you get all decisive you do 17 scenarios for the historical path you can play 16 scenarios (later defensive scenarios instead of US, UK invasion). Max length is 19 scenarios. Also since there is an editor provided, I expect lots of scenarios by modders and probably also by patch. Modding the campaign tree is easy, so I wouldn’t worry about game length.

I have previously played more than 10 hours, more like a 100. I have replayed the campaign a few times at different levels. I also enjoy the MP games. I do agree the campaign would be better longer, however when the desert campaign arrives, this will extend the shelf life. People are also working on new scenarios all the time to increase the longevity of the game. I don't consider this would be a waste of $40.

If you believe dissimilar complexity strings which change the game play seriously, different campaign starting points, non-linear campaign system, option for playing each scenario with axis or allies, and MP, this game is a lengthy one. I would assume though that future additions won't make the campaign longer but add a new campaign or scenarios. After all, the campaign is balanced for the current setup. I think it is long enough anyway. I'd rather have smaller campaigns as add-ons.

I bought Panzer Corp not only for the game itself but to play in on the fantastic multiplayer mode. It gives me a great chance to once again play games with my brother 1,800 miles away without us being on the computer at the same time. IMHO is priceless! Now when we talk on the phone part of the time is on BA, FoG, and soon (since he just bought it) Panzer corp.