Thread: Paratroopers in Panzer Corps

Paratroopers in Panzer Corps

Just thinking about an article I've always found frustrating was the use of PG paratroopers. That is, completely dependent on air transport capacity to the stage designer assigned to this particular battle. I realize that, historically, it might make sense to limit it, but let's face it, the construction of a central force of your choice could lead to a historical force composition (which is "strong wind" was a viable option even risky) and so the next battle to fight before being forced to historical "reality" versus a historical means of getting there makes no sense.

Re: Paratroopers in Panzer Corps

In fact, as the air lift capacity. It prevents players from going heavy air lift and jumping around the map. Also "hunting" and a central force of the panthers, tigers and artillery continued with all the mechanized infantry (all pioneers, the best infantry in the German side) is not hunting. It is not as severe as all the paratroopers. At least there is some variety. That facility is much more plausible on any front in opposition to all the paratroopers.

I think the plausibility is not the problem, but flexibility for the player, why allow a force of a historical core, but allow another. (I mean what percentage of the German forces were much less motorized and mechanized, 10-15 %) Either way, even if the player wanted to do all the paratroopers and was airlift to all of them, many scenarios would still be brutally difficult if not impossible. What happens in the rain or snow, which stops all air movement. I really hope they keep the same structure for the weather, mud and fuel, ammunition levels, it really made a great contrast between the tactical use of the best units in compensation for their operational inefficiencies, fuel and ammo capacity expenses, etc.)

That's true, very little of the German army was mechanized so, but even lower forces paratroopers. However, each game will have a number of historical factors given in the front plane. I think I'll try a force of paratroopers in my campaign next PG. I totally agree you should have the same time, ammunition, fuel, etc. restrictions as a more difficult challenge of the campaign. I cannot imagine playing any other way.

Here I just wish to add something in this case. I never understood why so many people always want to emphasize that the choice of unity is something wrong with a game if not historical. It is assumed that the commander (and buyer) of his own army here. It's your choice in the main you want, so you're not supposed to be liable in any way to something others have done in history, since this is your choice.

I had never lived to reach his position, the Japanese Navy were not charged the companies did. And because, to this day would never end complaints from people in general of the Pacific (for example) in the way that Japan should not be allowed to purchase multiple operators, as they obviously did not, and therefore realistically could never happen, or whatever you want to add secondary diatribes that.

Actually there were infrastructure and knowledge, but lacked the resources to complete the projects started. I think it all depends on how you as a player makes in a game otherwise is not realistic to win a game where you play as an axis. If you have more success during the campaign that it can be assumed that more resources at their disposal and we will speak hypothetical invasion of U.S. super- carriers may have an Axis player in the oilfields of Baku and London under its flag as well.

Keep the options available to the player to buy what they want. Actually, I started the thread to see if the ability to allow the player to acquire airlift capacity is added to the game so if you want to do their paratroopers "things" that can do so under players and not be limited due to stage designer is allowed only 1 or 2 or airlifts in a specific scenario. I think the problem that the Germans had developed a military unit ON, and then go with 6 variants.