Thread: How to modify the firing speeds and accuracy of pistols and muskets in Mount&Blade: With Fire & Sword

How to modify the firing speeds and accuracy of pistols and muskets in Mount&Blade: With Fire & Sword

Anybody know how to adapt the firing speeds and accuracy of pistols and muskets? Anybody worn-out of slow reloads and imprecise firearms? I just would love to see a few weapons which fires correctly and don't have to stay too long on reloads. Anyone have any kind of hints or any idea on this? please let me know if anyone has any idea or any suggestion which help me to solve this issue. I really got mad by try to solve this issue.

Re: How to modify the firing speeds and accuracy of pistols and muskets in Mount&Blade: With Fire & Sword

You can all the time stir up Morgh's Tools (establish in The Forge->Unofficial Tools) and check over the accuracy ratings of items. You could regulate the "speed" ratings there, too, but I am hesitant how much of a produce that would have and how much would necessitate to be changed in the animation itself. Or I can say: the speed rating straight affects the speed of your reload animation. Put reload speed to 50+ and you will reload over fast sufficient to persuade your requirements.

Re: How to modify the firing speeds and accuracy of pistols and muskets in Mount&Blade: With Fire & Sword

Frankly, speed bumps are maybe not a bad thought. Had to play with that many to get Blood and Steel balanced fine; the trouble is that until missile weapons accomplish certain thresholds of reload speeds and correctness, they aren't simulating stream fire from a mass well sufficient to feel like the actual thing. It's significant to memorize that the AI will not at all aim correctly, and will not select a target according to part very well; the Warband AI has a propensity to focus fire on solitary targets a lot, so you necessitate more volume earlier than it starts feeling like the actual thing.

This makes it simpler for the players to do some of ownage, and it's maybe a balance thing for MP, but for SP, it maybe necessitates to operate another way to get the feel right. Sending half-dozen horsemen at 100 guys with no shell but straight muskets should all the time result in dead horses. Always. At present it's more probable that they will all miss sufficient that the majority of them survive, which is just plain incorrect. There is a cause why horsemen during this era had to become dragoons to at a standstill have a significant battlefield role.

Volley fire is an 18th century creation. 17th century musketeers were not at all organized as a solitary division (with one or two distinguished exceptions) let alone drilled to fire in unison. It's not till concerning ten or so years later than WFaS that people start testing with units comprised completely of musketeers and training them to fire at the similar time. And it will take about another 20 or so years for the methods to arrive in Europe from Japan.

At present does reload speed progress by any means with additional skill points in "firearms"? If it does not I think that is somewhat that should be looked into. I understand that these are at a standstill silence loading firearms however it’s a quite well assumption that somebody with 200-300 points in "firearms" should be faster on the reload than somebody with say 75 points. As far as accuracy goes I consider that they are quite correct one time you get sufficient skill points and have a superior end gun. Euro musket is insanely precise. I think it rates a 96 if I am not wrong.

What's so cool regarding a pistol with one shot that surely kills but takes perpetuity to reload contrasted to a bow that fires five or more arrows in the similar time with approximately similar results? Even though I know how to amend the reloading speed with Morgh's Tools I don't like the game by any means, so far. Warband is so much cooler with Floris' mod. I wish there will be a few great similar mods for With Fire & Sword in the future because it indeed has the would-be for a great game.