Thread: The Elder Scrolls: How long do Argonians live?

The Elder Scrolls: How long do Argonians live?

I have been pondering on how long Argonians live for quite a while now, and only recently thought of coming and asking here yes, I do think rather slowly like. So, do Argonians live for maybe a hundred years, a thousand ears, or forever? That being said, who's the longest living Argonian in the Elder Scrolls Universe? So please help me in this case and let me know what I can do to get rid if this confusion

Re: The Elder Scrolls: How long do Argonians live?

I am pretty sure the devs haven't mentioned the Argonians' life expectancy. There's no information on the longest-living one that I know of either. I'm going to assume the life expectancy for a healthy Argonian is at least somewhere between 100 and 200, though, seeing as they're reptiles. I remember reading somewhere that the close proximity of the Hits can extend their life but I don't remember if it was canon or fan speculation.

My personal feel is that the Hist are Argonians and are the oldest Argonians Argonian Elders, though we have no real idea how long Hist actually live we do know their presence has been around for a LONG time, I just wish I knew if they were different Hist or if there is a select few that have been alive for such an extended period. All the more reason I would love to see TES:V go to Black Marsh, thats at the top of my list of mysteries I want to see solved.

The Hist and Argonians have always intrigued me as well, though I'd rather go to the Summerset Isles for TES V. I'd be happy with Black Marsh, though, too. I wonder how it would work, though, because unless you're Argonian, you can't survive the poisonous ground/air/water in the center of the province. They had a pretty cool solution to the problem of running around in the blight infested vortex of Red Mountain. Maybe they'll weave another tale of wonder. I hope they bring back spears if they go to Black Marsh, since Argonians obviously have an affinity with them.

Interesting ideas - but it appears that Hist are in fact Trees - of the vegetable variety and that Argonians are reptiles of the reptilian/animal variety. Also the Hist predate most other stuff around - many believe they are the oldest inhabitants of Nirn - their civilisation flourished and was mostly destroyed when the Elnofey were having their little war etc. There is some fascinating stuff in there waiting to be revealed alright - I would prefer to be certain that all the Lore-destructive stuff is past and any overly-restrictive aspects of dealing with the consoles' requirements has been worked around rather than rushed and then caved into.