Thread: ED-E bugged once more in Fallout: New Vegas DLC

ED-E bugged once more in Fallout: New Vegas DLC

So now ED-E turns hostile after you try to recruit him after finishing Dead Money. What is it about this character that's always causing problems? There was a brief, shining moment between the release of the current patch and the release of Dead Money that finally found him working properly. But it was too good to last. I don't suppose anyone has some sort of work around in place, do they? Or am I going to have to wait another month or so for a patch before I can finish my current game.

Re: ED-E bugged once more in Fallout: New Vegas DLC

My Problem with him is that after doing the part of the quest "There Stands the Grass" where you ignite the gas he has disappeared but strangely it says he is still at Vault 22. I was truly pissed while I got done Dead Money and went to get Ed-E and now he is hostile to me. I have never had this happen before. I have seen Ed-E become hostile towards other NPCs but never towards me. I can no longer talk to him in order to get him to rejoin me. He just shoots lasers at me.

I know how annoyed you are, I have been researching this for myself because the same has happened to me. I can’t recruit ED-E after dead money because he goes nuts in prim and tries to kill me and Nash! Apparently this has always been an issue with EDE, if you leave him for too long at any point in the game after you recruited him, he will eventually just turn hostile randomly. Trouble is, I left all my best weapons and armor with edge, and my character was designed with NO perception skill so I could take advantage of EDEs perk and use those points elsewhere, but now I can’t get EDE back I am basically crippled, and I have accidentally copied over my save from before dead money.

I had lost Ed-e before the patch, lord knows where, but it was scripted that he returned to Primm went I went to sierra Madre. I have been patient with this game and stuck with it through all its issues, but this really has made me mad, after about 350 hours, I want to DEMAND that this be fixed SOON, or it’s getting traded in post haste. But I know that isn’t really fair to demand, but really, shouldn’t this sort of thing be an important bug fix/check anyways? Especially if it’s a trouble that has been around for a while.

I finally fixed it. It is probable to re-recruit ED-E before he turns hostile. Save before entering the Nash residence where ED-E normally is. Use a stealth boy just to be safe, but not 100% required. Enter, swiftly push the VATS key, and seem at ED-E while at a standstill in VATS mode. Swiftly extricate VATS mode and talk to ED-E. If done right, you will have entered a standard discussion with him and can choose to recruit him as a follower again.

I wouldn't actually want to demand on them because that’s not fair, plus who would listen. However, I would have quite happily traded the game in because I personally was so frustrated. I had found a way to fix it, because I like the game so much, I spent ages trying to fix it because I don't want to have to miss out on the bright spots because of some massive failures. Your comment, not really constructive in comparison is it. I am not interested in causing ructions, but I do wish the dev's had bug tested this game.

You necessitate to make sure that you start clicking the bumper to activate VATS during the loading screen, so it activates on the moment you enter the game, you should be able to select EDE then, and the moment you exit VATS, start trying to initiate conversation immediately (as well check to make sure you aren’t crouching so you don’t attempt to initiate a pickpocket attempt.) Ed-e attacked me while I went to get him after dead money. I adore him, never had any troubles with him and now he tries to kill me.

I have tried this many times I saved before i go into the store hitting the vats as I enter the loading screen this is what I get vats locks on the store clerk then I change it to ED put it on his main body then I exit vats he still turns red ? It did take 2 tries, you have to hit a fast, but now I have my trusty floating footlocker back! I found using a Stealth boy had no effect; I didn't have it in use when I got it to work. I even went as far as printing this fix out I have tried it many time any help with this would be great?