Thread: RAGE: Campaign Length

RAGE: Campaign Length

I was wondering, how long will the campaign be? I don’t think it will be long, but there will be side mission. I highly doubt the side missions would be anything that adds a decent amount of extra play time. Most likely they'll be just like the missions in Borderlands. Disappointing to the least that it'll have a short campaign. What you all say about this? Anyone have any guesses about this? Please share if anyone of you has any idea on this.

Re: RAGE: Campaign Length

I don't think it will be short, I mean what's the point of making it sandbox if it’s short. There is no point, usually you sandbox gameplay to get some longevity out of it. If it is repayable it doesn't so much matter how long it is, Resident Evil 4' campaign was about 16 hours long but I spent at least 50 hours on it, remember all those upgradeable and unlockable weapons and difficulties and costumes and treasure puzzles, not to mention the outstanding shooting mechanic and atmosphere. Sadly, the customization of weapons in Rage will be rudimentary at best.

I am not a fan, I am person that wants to buy a good game and Rage looks like it has great gameplay along with it's amazing graphics but that's all I see in it.10-15 hours is very short for the campaign in how the game looks and I still doubt the missions are going to be anything other than a few minutes of fetching. I am expecting it to be a bigger version of BioShock. At a standstill, I will be buying it once the price cheapens. With all the other great games releasing in the fall, Rage doesn't have a chance to stand out. Well, at least in my opinion that is.

You know, I love borderlands, not because it had a great story (which I agree was lame) but because the game is genuinely fun. The best part of that game was when you weren't doing anything important, just running around exploring and blowing skags up. I admit I hope rage takes a few pages from borderlands, not because I want borderlands with Id flair, but because borderlands did a lot of things right. I have really only ever played it co-op and it offers hours and hours of gameplay, throw in the dlc's for change of pace and scenery and you get quite a bit more than your money usually buys these days.

Think about this real quick, they have been working on RAGE since 2003. Why so much work if the campaign is only going to be 12 hours of gameplay? Sounds like a lot of waste of time and money. I expect 20-50 hours of gameplay with the story and side missions alone. If the game offers free-roaming after the campaign is over, then I will even more time into those 20-50 hours because if you are like me, you will want to explore every inch of that wasteland.

I agree, borderlands end-game was super disappointing. Giant Japanese boss and you don't even get into a vault. But I disagree with your statement that there was no action in the game. The game was pure action, it’s a FPS. So I really have no idea what you're talking about on that one. I agree that I hope rage has a strong campaign, but not at the cost of it being short. We're PAYING 60//50 dollars, I'm tired of developers using the excuse, "Well, it could be 30 hours and be great or it could be 10 and be excellent". Why the F can't you make it 30 hours and Excellent as well?

I am really looking forward to this game and hope it offers a lengthy campaign of around 25-30hrs with sufficient to it that it makes you want to play multiple plays through. I hope that it can have a similar effect like borderlands did. Multiple playthroughs and great dlc I am as well not mad about the multiplayer announcement I think the market is flooded with competitive shooters and honestly is m just looking forward to one and that’s Battlefield 3 other than that I am all about epic single player and fun co-op.