Thread: Brink's in game designs meant for youngsters?

Brink's in game designs meant for youngsters?

The more videos I see of brink, the more I feel like the visuals for this game are childish. Don’t get me wrong, I admire SD for trying to bring color into shooter. It is not like the designs bother me, but it definitely does not appeal to me. I can honestly say that the characters are memorable but I find myself wishing they were forgettable. And not only the faces, but the clothing too. Many of the clothing styles just seem cartoon-ish, like the bug for example. I won’t criticize those who like it, but exactly who is it that likes it? I wanted to make a poll to see how different age groups react to the design in this game.

Re: Brink's in game designs meant for youngsters?

I don't happen to think that being artistic with your game's look means its aimed at children. Brink appears to be vibrant but gritty when i look at it. It forces you to acknowledge all of the ugly details by exaggerating them. Very similar to a graphic novel art style. You make it sound like anything other than realism is childish. made a decision to only include 'Like it' and 'Don’t like it' choices and don’t mind it choice because the main point of this poll is whether you like the designs or you would have rather they went a different road with it.

I like the graphics are not realistic action games. Sometimes I've been playing COD and I look at someone and shoot them. I do not know why, but that never happened to me Toony aspect of TF2 handles, or multinational. Because you can know instantly what you are looking for, no doubt, on the other computer. Personally, I like the artistic choices and Brink said the reasons I've heard. Allows quick identification of the players, while allowing colorful, happy and a little convincing.

I disagree. I think age is an important factor in the preferences, whether art or not. I think more, he / she is drawn to serious visual effects do not necessarily realistic. Outside this forum, most of my friends have told me exactly that: Brink's graphics do not care, but to find a little cartoon-like. well, no point going against the majority. I have pretty boring, "realistic" setting in the games. I can play games as entertainment, an escape from reality, not virtual reality.

I think what they were going for with the cartoon-y feel was to stretch the boundaries between realism and unrealism Is that a word? No? Then sue me I'm keeping it there. Meaning, In a realistic game I If not most people will see something unrealistic and say and getting frustrated. An example of that would be: A Javelin missile curving around a UAV and coming back to kill me like it had some vendetta against it's user pre-set into it. But with a cartoon-y game people will more-so look at it like 'Yeah, Ok, That's kind of odd but I'll accept it'. An example of that would be: In Halo 3 I managed to survive in a Warthog being hit by the missile thing a Phantom shoots and shooting it down with my turret right as the warthog decided "I go boom now".