Thread: Zynga poker: How to Counter the Pre-Flop All-Inner in

Zynga poker: How to Counter the Pre-Flop All-Inner in

This is good but really the best way is the opposite of what you said about not waiting on AK or KK or AA. I think the best way to play IS to wait for those hands vs people that shove a lot. The point is you make money on their mistakes and if they are shoving a lot of hands preflop then making sure your edges preflop are in your favor and just shove it in too. As long as you have the majority of the equity in the pot when the money goes in, in the long run, you will win money.

Re: Zynga poker: How to Counter the Pre-Flop All-Inner in

I have recently noticed that there's an old post of mine lifted out of another topic and moved into this forum I'm okay with this even though you can plainly tell it wasn't meant as a general guide and that I was replying to a particular post. There is a bit of a problem though since passing it off as a guide of sorts has invited people to critique and refute my comments, and make asinine little quips such as "awesome post" in a clearly sarcastic manner. The problem isn't this of course but rather that I can't reply in my own topic. If people are speaking to me I would like to be able to respond, but for whatever reason I'm not allowed. I thought this had something to do with the permissions of that particular forum but I've made replies in other threads before in the guides sections. It's only the topic about my own post that I can't reply in. I'd like to request that this be fixed so that I can continue to contribute to that topic. Barring that, please move the topic to the original forum I made my post in so that I can reply there. Barring that, please delete the topic.

I would caution against folding out 99.1% of everything you're dealt versus someone who's only sitting on 10 blinds. Mathematically, you are sacrificing a lot of value. These players are pushing much, much wider than what you'd see any competent player get it in pre with on full buy ins, and calling shoves with hands like TT or AQs will often see your opponent drawing to 3 cards in the deck. In cash (ring game) poker, when properly rolled, you want to take every edge your opponent gives you, not just the gigantic ones. You are welcome to do as you please of course as I'm not here to tell anybody how to play.

To stupid, you managed to interpret one of those 3 points correctly, but you got the other 2 wrong. The last couple of posts you made to me suggest you don't respect my game much so I'm going to make you a great offer you'll want to jump at. I'll play you 400NL heads up on either Full Tilt or Stars (FT preferably if you have a name there) for a minimum of 500 hands. Yes, I know how to tell if it's you. Because any poker player would foam at the mouth to have a player to himself he believes to have a clear edge over, whether you accept or ignore my offer will tell me a great deal in terms of if you actually believe what you type or if you're simply trolling.

It's kind of obvious I am only here to blow off steam, and I only play plo on eurosites. Don't play much HoldEm except to mess around. Anyway just cool off, it's the internet, don't care who respects your game and who doesn't. Just trying to provoke you because you are actually trying to offer actual poker advice to people who play on facebook, which is an entirely different game. And I would think all 3 would be wrong. The weaker end of the "strong hand on flop" hands, the ones you aren't autocalling with, don't play well vs a shoving range I would think. Either way caring about the flop is irrelevant since all you are doing is calling. Might as well just set a fixed hand range to call, it's not like they will adjust by shoving more since almost every hand is shoved anyway.

I don't care who respects my game, especially here, except perhaps that I'd probably prefer as few people to respect me as possible. Still... doesn't really matter much one way or the other. I don't usually try to give out widespread advice either, as I said before, and I agree with you that trying to show most players around here how to win at this game is largely a wasted effort. In fact for mainly that reason I'm not going to bother responding to your comments about to how to play shove happy short stacks. Think what you will and play as you wish. I will however steer this in a slightly different direction and explain why I made an exception for TxPoker and typed the reply that ended up becoming the original post in this topic. It's not the reason you believe it is.