Thread: Text not working properly in darkspore

Text not working properly in darkspore

Hello guys. Greetings to all of you. Well I am a complete game freak and usually spend hours playing them. However, the retail release all of the text except my character's name is messed up. For general text messages I just get astrics. For menu options I am able to see a code. For example, my Exit Game option reads something as ^Options!0x0ac68c7f. in brief, it makes the game unplayable because I neither know what equipment effects are nor do I know what menu options I'm selecting . I used to play betas before. Please help.

Re: Text not working properly in darkspore

Hey why don’t you try to leave the game and try to get back into it again. It may resolve the worry if luck is on your side. If that does not work, then try to update the nvidia drivers to version 270.61. It may help you. There is one more option that I can present you. Try verifying the local cache. I have displayed you many methods which I was aware off, I wish that atleast one helps you out and your worry will be resolved.

Hey as you have stated that you did use to play betas, I am hoping that you removed beta files before the release and then downloaded it from Steam . Also, there can be the possibility that the file in the darkspore directory must be corrupted during downloading. Hence, you can delete the local content and perform the procedure of downloading and installation again. I am just hoping that my post has helped you in some way or the other.

Hey mate I will let you know how can you validate the local cache for the game in steam. Firstly, from the steam library , you will be required to right click on the game and then move on to properties. Moving ahead, you will then have to enter on the local files tab and enter on the option which will be saying verify integrity of game cache. I will recommend you that you perform the process in an appropriate way and the problem should be resolved.

Hey I would take you a little further from the above explanations. If you are going to perform the installation again then just make it sure that you install at the proper location. I am hoping that you must be using windows 7 or vista C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\Steamapps\common\Darkspore. Also, when the installation is going on, I would recommend you that you turn off the AV and the firewall. I think it does make a difference.