Thread: Lack of impact sounds on IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

Lack of impact sounds on IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

I know many of the posts have been made about the sounds or lack of it, but I noticed a glaring omission, the other day and when it happened again just now, I thought it best to ask for it. When plane crash on another level, there seems to be no sound to indicate. Just five minutes ago G.50 plow through my hurricane while I was in a tight corner and I took the tail section all clean. I had no idea this had happened yet. All I saw was that apparently had gone to turn around and spent the next 10 seconds trying to recover. When she refused to back, I cheated a little and looked at the external view and got a shock to see that half of my plane was missing. Shock was not even particularly noticeable in the cabin when he was beaten (head movement is a) - as I said, it was as if I had simply made a mistake and started to spin. Does anyone else realize this total lack of visual?

Re: Lack of impact sounds on IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

I believe that you are talking regarding sounds as of bullet impacts. I am talking regarding definite collisions flanked by planes. You would imagine a extremely loud crash sound, but the three otherwise four times I have hit one more plane (yes, I am a terrible pilot except the stuttering does not assist) there is just not anything. It’s just what I needed to share with you and I wish that there will be more comments on this topic soon.

I actually have doubt that through an 2000HP engine in frontage of you and machine-gun firering you are equipped to hear as of the pit the crash on enemy plane. I guess that this audio result can be remove for free resource as well as put in additional realism. If the aircraft was dividing in half as a effect of a crash, you would perceive sound of it. A 2000HP engine may not mask the sound at all. I can as well hear the rounds hitting enemy aircraft equal to 400yard away, which it impractical.

You can do the basic math for this. Ok, let me tell you that. A 7.92mm bullet which weighs around 11.7 g? It is not directed reason a headshake humanly. Even while getting hit via 20mm or else more I consider the result of turbulences as well as flying throughout targets propwash etc will mask the headshake result. There's no cause for head to shake in game while firing since our brain is intended to recompense for it. I do though recognize that if your engine fall short (this is for F-16 too that I am conversant in) the vibrations can be extremely strong that you are not able to read instrumentation any longer since it all becomes indistinct. That way I believe engine damage/stress shaking is extremely sensible within CloD. But guns firing must not crash it except you are flying.

You do not hear anything if there is shot crashed. I spent the first battle, thinking it was dodging bullets in the matrix (damn this rupture between the IL-2 and COD has really improved my skills!) Until I started reading what was actually happening in the top left of the screen. I would fall off my chair when a loud knock on IL2. I understand that the engine and everything is working so I can not be so strong but I figure I heard a round of hitting through the fuselage, or at least through the cabin window you? By the way, does anyone know what is a "burning" is? It referred to an intake valve? and why should occur by itself without the EC or being beaten?

I remember a former RAF pilot in a television program saying that he felt he was being beaten because they heard something like someone threw a handful of pebbles in his plane. Do not shake anything - just the sound of pebbles hitting the aircraft structure. I do not mind the workload of virtual operation of these aircraft at all, it's nice for me. I've driven lots of cars that were made in the initial two decades of previous century, and it is rewarding to function because they are very complex. Each change set power requires a change in the fuel mixture and ignition timing, barometric pressure, humidity and temperature changes from one day to bring the challenges just to get out of the road. But what to do to run them is logical. What I'm seeing so far with CMS / overheating is not.