Thread: What does Process Affinity Mask do in IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

What does Process Affinity Mask do in IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

I was looking for this game from a long time and then eventually got this game. I was very excited to play this game and now that I got this game I have been playing the game only. While I was playing the game I came across the Process Affinity Mask and was very surprised to see that this is there as well. I have seen it in IL-2 Sturmovik 1946.So is it the same as it was it that edition. Please get back to me on this question.

Re: What does Process Affinity Mask do in IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

I just had a look at your question and feel that there are some settings for the Process Affinity Mask to make it work. If you get the settings then you will be able to play the game in proper way. So maybe this is the issue that you are facing with. Also I think that there is not much of a difference between the Process Affinity Mask of IL-2 Sturmovik 1946 and between the IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover.

I would tell you the settings for the Process Affinity Mask . You can find the Process Affinity Mask option in section [rts].Now remove the sigh that would be present over there. So what you need to do is that you need to put the value according to the number of core processor. So if you have say 2 core then you should put the value as 3 or if you have say 4 core then you should put the value15. This is the settings that you need to change and then I am sure your issue will be solved.

According to me the there is some issue with the single core processor then Process Affinity Mask doesn't apply to you. Also I would tell you that you can make all processes to one core itself by using the various parameters. And this is to be done manually. So say that Process Affinity Mask is three then the entire game process will be on the 3rd core. So this is how it goes and you just have to remember that properly.

Even I was having a similar issue and there was confusion on this problem in my mind. So I was looking for the solution to this query and now I got the solution .But the problem is that it has nto been working properly for me. I have core processor 4 and I set the value as 15 but still the I am not able to get over Process Affinity Mask problem. Also I have been facing with some other problems as well like I just get around 25-40FPS on the runway along with lots of stutters. I guess that the issue is certainly with the game.

Thanks a lot for all your solutions. I went through them and then tried the solutions and it certainly worked for me. Even I have a Core i5-750 4 core processor and hence I put the value as 15 and then it worked for me. So I would even suggest all the people who are facing the similar problem go follow this solution to fix the issue. So I would once again like to thank you all for all your solutions that you have provided me as they helped me a lot.