Thread: SpellForce 2 - Shadow loads black screen

SpellForce 2 - Shadow loads black screen

Hello guys I am using Intel core 2 duo with the support of Microsoft windows 7. And I am trying to play SpellForce 2 - Shadow but I am unable to play this game. I just bought this game from a liquidation store. I installed it without any difficulty. I be able to start the game, it loads a complete size black screen and then articulate that a difficulty has been come across by windows and then lock. I have start again my computer and installed the whole thing and the game also, however it still isn't functioning. Thanks.

Re: SpellForce 2 - Shadow loads black screen

Hello according to my knowledge you be supposed to renew your sound and video drivers to their most recent established versions. In addition you are supposed to install DX9 from the SF DVD, in view of the fact that you may not have the entire of its files in your system, suitable to having a superior version of DX. Then make an effort to run it another time, and if it doesn't work please formulate a screenshot of the error and give details it here please.

Hello thank you for your quick reply on my query. I follow your steps. I updated the video driver. I attempt to upgrade the sound driver other than windows assumed it was up to date. I installed the DX from the SF cd and I still acquire the error. The initial one pop up through the small rotating "thinking" circle and then it stops and the second one come into view. When I click shut down to program not anything comes up through Windows identifying the difficulty or probable explanation.

That's pretty strange, allowing for that according to DxDiag, sound drivers are three years old. Have you patched the game? If you contain SW (Shadow Wars), then you be supposed to apply the patch 1.02, if you have Gold Edition that brings SW + DS (Dragon Storm), you must apply the patch 2.01. In addition, you should try to run the game software antivirus software and third-most off, to see if it makes any difference. Make your operating system happens to be 64 bits? Because the game was not built for 64-bit systems, but usually runs on them. AV Scan, Scandisk and Defrag are usually recommended to ensure the integrity of your system.

hello some day before i was facing the same problem. but i sove this by applying followign settings. I updated through the 1.02 patch and it still articulate the similar obsession. My computer auto defrags and I have sprint scandisk etc to ensure everything is working properly. I don't have lots of additional programs open when I attempt to run it. I be acquainted with that I had troubles with I first installed the latest Sims 3 Ambitions EP and was capable to obtain it to work after changing the Data Execution Prevention background. Later than I typed that sentence I outline, let's observe if it workings. So I did the exact similar obsession I did for the Sims 3 and at the moment the game workings.

So in reality you had third-party software blocking the game on or after running. In this situation it just happened to be your own Operating System. At the moment I am not confident but wouldn't it be simpler if instead of having DEP twisted on for everything and then having to create exceptions, you immediately select the first option? That technique it would be turned on for Operating System associated software and services, and not for the volume of software you install on your PC. For the reason that if you keep it this manner, you might have to generate exceptions for the whole thing you install.