Thread: Maple Story unable to run on Windows 7 Ultimate

Maple Story unable to run on Windows 7 Ultimate

I previously had Win XP SP3 with me. But then I recently formatted the machine and got the Windows 7 Ultimate. I have upgraded it because I love to play games on PC. So I have already installed a few. But the problem is with Maple Story. I don’t know what the reason is but when I tried to run the Maple Story I got an error message notifying some number. That is it shows error message as 2147467259.I don’t have any idea about what it is. So can anyone help me on this?

Re: Maple Story unable to run on Windows 7 Ultimate

I think that the problem might be due to the installation of Windows 7 Ultimate. I think that you must have gone somewhere wrong in that process because I don’t see any other reason why the game can’t get install. So for this what you need to do is you need to uninstall the Windows 7 Ultimate which you have. Once you do it then you need to reinstall the same using same procedure that you had used earlier. This process will surely help you to get away with the problem. I am sure after that you can run the Maple Story on it.

Thank you for the solution. But I would tell you that I tried something to get rid of the issue. I started by right clicking on the .exe file and changed the setting to compatibility mode for Win XP SP3 and also run it as administrator. Now once I change the compatibility mode I get a Hack Shield initialization error and it says that errors occur when the game clients execute in compatibility mode. Also one more thing that I noticed is once I change the property settings and apply them they never get applied permanently. The next time I go back and look they get unchecked.

It’s all fine with me. I just downloaded and then installed the game normally. Everything is working well with me now. I got it to work for me on Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. I started by right clicking the Maple Story icon and then I clicked on the properties. Then click the compatibility tab. Now set the compatibility to Windows 7 Ultimate. Use also need to check the run as administrator. Once you done with this you can now check that whether it works for you. I hope you won’t get that same error again.