Thread: DC Universe Online shows Invalid Name message

DC Universe Online shows Invalid Name message

I am facing an issue with regarding the naming system of the DC Universe Online. Is it like you cannot have same name for beta and retail. Actually I am trying to use the same name that I have used in the previously and it is giving me an error as an "Invalid Name" message. Can somebody tell me that what are the naming conventions in the DC Universe Online.

Re: DC Universe Online shows Invalid Name message

Even I have seen that there is something wrong with the DC Universe Online naming thing. I have tried using several names which all gives the same error message as invalid name. Which names are valid to use, How can I know it? Can somebody give me the list of names that I can use to play this game without any such error.

I think this could be an issue regarding the online server to which you have connected. It seems like the name that you are trying to enter has been used by somebody already which might not be allowed while playing this game. It is recommended not to use special characters in the name at many places so this could be applying here as well , though it does not seems to be okay with it but you may try using any simple and unique name.

I have tried to search for getting the reason of the problem that you guys are facing here but it seems like there is something from the server itself as there are no solutions or reasons provided regarding this issue. I suggest you to keep on trying the different name as couple of users made it after trying it for 3-4 times. But it would be even better if you enter the name with more and more uniqueness.