Thread: Poor perforamce of Blackops on SLi Mode

Poor perforamce of Blackops on SLi Mode

My friend is using some Nvidia 8000 series graphic card. He is playing Nvidia Hot Pursuit. Now he added two cards on sli of similar model, but the game is not giving so great performance. It was better working on the single mode. I am not able to figure out the issue behind this. What you think about this. The system is not so high end but it is enough strong to cop with the performance of game. I believe is getting stunning visual display, but things does not look clear. Just for checking purpose I played a movie which was awesome. Why this thing is not similar in case of the game.

Re: Poor perforamce of Blackops on SLi Mode

SLI stands for Scalable Link Interface. This is designed to give you a power of two gpu on a single system. In this the most gpu which works stable is around 3. SLI is only possible with graphics cards that are connected via the PCI-Express on the motherboard. The cards communicate with each other via a so-called SLI Bridge which is placed on a contact number and connects the cards. So if you are planing for a new setup then do not forget to find out that which is best suited for your system. I had also seen many people using two different cards on a single motherboard, but that need a compatibility list of the gpu that supports sli. I found GTX 480 is proper. Today there are much better advancement in this and the new control centers has also made your work load a bit lower.

SLI worth if it is especially needed for extreme graphics performance. However, SLI scales are rarely perfect. So you must not invest just seeing any add or demo of the same. The companies never mentions the negative aspect of that. In a normal system if you have a around 128 mb of nvidia chip on the motherboard works for a longer time and does not crash much, while if you have added 3 gpu on your motherboard will increase your cost to very high rate. The other thing is to check is the continuous maintenance and proper updates. I play game but I am on the same hand is not mad about such dual support cards. That will led to entire upgrade of my system. It is really hard to decide about this.

You might search for SLi dedicated games. But mostly the games work well on a single gpu. I don't know why you are opting for SLi support. Choose a highend graphic card with dedicated 1GB video memory, SLI is hardly affected all of them. They work smooth with normal system also. Another reason for choosing the SLI is the ability to buy only a single and expensive high-end gpu. After some time when the power is no longer sufficient to purchase a second model of this card at a reasonable price then you can utilize the second one. At least you can have a two gpu support in your system and your computer works well if one is dead or not working. Do not have a proper driver upgrade for the same. For SLI you need two cards from Nvidia and a motherboard that supports the SLI mode. So do check your system that there is SLi mode written on your motherboard box.

For the game like Hot Pursuit it is more than enough to have a dedicated 1GB video ram. But for more high end performance SLi work wells. There can be various reason behind the poor performance. It can be old drivers, old hardware, or slow system performance. Do not forget that your system needs a much higher psu to deal with the performance of a sli. Just connecting the same with hardware does not end your job. Also check the compatibility list of the gpu that shows you the gpu support. One thing look closely about the chipset configuration. Two powerful video cards offers you a much higher performance for trhe same.

Never go for a two weaker graphics cards which are almost always slower than a single card at the same price. Like for example using two 8600GTS is same as you are using a single 8800GT and it is faster than two. So your choice cannot be good enough in case of choosing a powerful gpu for your system. Also remember that SLI only works with certain chipsets also. The exact choice of chipset is of great importance, since a PCI Express graphics cards in single card mode is kept tied with 16 lanes. Some motherboards in SLI mode for each card are only eight lanes available. This means that the card has only half of the connection that is currently of high-end cards urgently needed.