Thread: Fatal error while loading new map in Black ops

Fatal error while loading new map in Black ops

Hi I am having a Black ops game loaded on my system. Initially it was working smoothly but now a day it is giving me errors on frequent basis. And yesterday I got the fatal error while loading a new map. The thing here is that it goes fine in the first level or the next but when I try to change the map than the system crashes and an error box pop up saying that it is a fatal error. First of all I don’t know what the fatal error is and how to deal with it. So please let me know what it is and also help me to get rid of this problem.

Re: Fatal error while loading new map in Black ops

The only thing that I would like to say here is that the maps that you are trying to open are corrupted and you can’t have an access over it. So what you have to do here is that only use those map that are not causing you a system crash while they are open. And avoid opening the map which will hang your system. The thing here is that if the maps are corrupted then they will definitely not run on the system and and the game hangs. I hope that avoiding such maps will help you to play the game continuously.

I think that I can help you in this case, as mentioned by you that your system crashes as you open new maps. Now what you have to do in this case is just follow the bellow steps:
    • First of all enter into configuration of yours.
    • There you will find a file named seta r_gpuSync2 "0".
    • Now what you have to here is that just right click on the file.
    • After right clicking enter the properties of the same file.
    • Then you have to check the check box in front of the READ only option.

What it will do is will syncs the GPU and CPU, which will not give you any lag or crash for the next two hours. I hope that it will help you to get the continuous game play for at least 2 hours.

I have gone through your problem and it seems to me that there are issues in the game itself. What you have to do in this case is just that uninstall the game and install the game. But make sure fir the next time that you system satisfies all the requirements of the game. Here are the steps that will help you to do the same.
    • First of all you have to click “Start"
    • And go to Control Panel in that select the Add / Remove Programs
    • Then you have to find the Call of Duty Black Ops in the given list
    • Then click on the Remove option and then follow the uninstalling process
    • Don’t forget to Restart Your PC
    • After that re-install the game from the original source.

One of the main reason that cause your system to crash is the registry of your system being corrupted. Now what you have to do is that just clean the registry of the system. I am sure that cleaning the registry of your system will help you to solve the issue. There is the central database of windows which stores the registry files. The COD also has large amount of data of such files and whenever you try and load the game it tries to load that files and the system crashes. So deleting his files will help you to run the game smoothly without any problem.

I think there is the problem in the driver of the graphics card that you are using. Actually when the driver is not updated from long period of time than it tends to give such errors because it fails to cope up with the game that you are trying to play. So try and update the same and I hope that the updated driver will not give you any problem and in case you are not able to update the driver then just download a fresh one and then install it on to the system this will also help you to resolve the problem.

I am also facing the same problem in fact while playing the game it freezes in between and gives me a error message saying that” DirectX encountered an unrecoverable error.” I am not aware of this error and also not able to solve this error. Please help me to solve this error and also let me to know why this error is occurring again and again. Does anyone is getting the same error and if yes then what is the way to recover the same.