Thread: Custom package for Sims 2 not able to install

Custom package for Sims 2 not able to install

I have a Desktop machine and it is been installed with Windows Vista. The problem is with the custom package that I have downloaded. I am not able to work well or install the same to the Sims 2 game that is been processed. I do not know what could have been the issue. Please help me out so that I can work well and make the package to be installed and work accordingly. It will be better and helpful. Hope to get the desired solution.

Re: Custom package for Sims 2 not able to install

In order to process or function out well for the thing it is essential that you do look out for the requirements that needs to be met well with the system. It will be better and may let the changes to get sort as required. So check for the thing which is essential It will be beneficial. Also .package file, you don't need to use the package installer. Simply drag the file into your downloads folder and it should appear in your game. So do process out for the thing as mentioned you may then get to a better conclusion and work well accordingly. Function as needed.

I have been looking out for similar kind of query. I am not able to function well as well with the game that is Sims 2 as I have got some new stuffs for the same. There some features which is been installed but not able to process accordingly. I do not know what could have caused it. I have downloaded a few items but they don't show up in my game. I don't know why... I've read your replies and so I dragged the file( the items that I've downloaded ) in my downloaded file in the EA Games folder. But it still doesn't show up in my game. And you are talking about package file, I have no idea what that is. I suppose you need it so you can use in your game, but how do I find it?? Do I have to download it or something?? And I can't seem to find the way how to "enable" the custom content?? Please suggest me out with a solution so that I can get the changes to be done as required.

Certain parameters needs to be looked in order to process well which is essential. all you need to do is to check ot for the aspect that is follow out the procedure which will be helpful for you. Check out by finding the Downloads folder. To successfully download any item from any Sims 2 site and have the item appear in your game, you will need a "Downloads" folder in your primary Sims 2 folder. The folder location is determined by your operating system but can be found here: Windows Vista: C:\Users\-your name- \Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2. Now as it is been done you then need to Right-click anywhere on the screen and select "New .... Folder" (see pic 2). Name this new subfolder "Downloads". Then Your folder must be spelled "Downloads", with a capital "D" at the beginning and an "s" at the end (see pic 3). Don’t spell it "DOWNLOADS" or "downloads" or "downloads". No other variation in spelling will work.under C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 (see pic 4). Do not make a "Downloads" subfolder there. Nothing you place in it will show up in your game! As this aspect is been processed and functioned well you may then be able to work accordingly with the thing.

The issue could well being with the application or the content that you have downloaded. You need to look out for the thing well by getting a fresh copy of the same and then work well which is essential. As the aspect is been taken into consideration you mat then be able to get the necessary change to get functioned and make it work well as required. This is the best through which you may then get the implementation to be worked well. So get the new fresh copy of the application and then install well to the system and make it process by removing the previously installed one. Hope this works for you.

IF you are not able to install the package for Sims 2 you can get the latest updated thing from the site and then follow out the process as mentioned out here. All you need to do is to make sure that you have all Expansion Packs required to install the item. For example, if you have downloaded a house that has items from the University/Nightlife Expansion Packs, but you don’t have those expansion packs installed, you will not be able to install that house.If you have all needed expansion packs and you still see this message, there is another method you can use to install your files. A program called the "Sims 2 Clean Pack Installer" can be used to install your files; it's available here along with detailed instructions on how to use it. So look out for the thing and make the application to be installed well as required.

You need to implement well for the thing that is processing the task as required. All you need to do is to check out for the thing which is essential. There are certain aspects and essential amendments needs to be processed. Check out by following the steps that is

• First of all you need to check out for "enable custom content"
    • Click Ok
    • Now you need to choose any neighborhood and then open the "Miscellaneous" subscreen which will be displayed
    • As it is been done you look out for choose"Game Options" so that you may get a new dialogue screen:
    • Now on the top-right part of the dialogue screen, change the "Display Custom Content Dialogue at Startup" option to "off".
    • Also then perform a restart to your game. If you don't restart, the game won't realize that the content has become active.
    • Also at this point, if you have correctly installed your items, you should be able to find them in-game.

This is the best you can make out of it.

There is also another aspect that you can make use if to get sort of the change. All you need to do is to make use of a Sims2pack clean installer, This toll will help you out well for sorting the thing that is required to get it functioned. The Sims2Pack Clean Installer is a tool for Sims 2™ and all people who download a lot of custom content. S2PCI can be used to categorize, catalog or remove that content. It will also help you in installing your files. You will be able to preview some content before installing. It has built in unrar and unzip routines, as well as possibility of installing dozens of files with single click. So check out for the same and make it work well as needed. Do look out for conclusion.