Thread: How to play Mafia 2 with steering wheel

How to play Mafia 2 with steering wheel

I have downloaded the Mafia 2 game on my computer system and i am just enjoying this game a lot. I just want to know that how would it be to play this game with the steering wheel. Actually i have managed to get one steering wheel to play this game but i do not know that how should i enable it to play this game.

Re: How to play Mafia 2 with steering wheel

Even i am playing this game on my windows 7 computer system and i would be glad to play this game via steering wheel as it would be just different t\experience to play this game with the real driving feels. But the problem arrives when you connect your steering wheel to your pc and Mafia 2 does not recognizes it. Please can anybody suggest here that how do i play this game with my steering wheel?

1. First of all you have to download the X360xce 3.1.4.0 emulator.
    2. Now unzip the folder and then copy all the files from it.
    3. Go to the c:\program files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\mafia ii - public demo\pc and then paste all the files there.
    4. Now open the "x360ce.ini" file which comes along with the files which you have downloaded.
    5. Noe change the third line FakeAPI=0 (default) to 1.
    6. Then you must manually set the VID/PID controller ID's into the ini file.
    7. The program allows you to have multiple pads, in the tutorial it was said to use the second pad only, so in the first line below [PAD1], change Index=0 (Default) to Index=-1

For using this kind of new features you have to configure properly x360ce properly and make sure that you have set correct VID/PID steering wheel in the game pad option. In order to get the VID/PID of gamepad, Open the "Device Manager" and then go to the "Human Interface Devices" and search "HID-compliant game controller". Now open the properties and switch to the "Details" tab. Now choose for "Hardware Ids" combo box.

I play with my PS3 controller, you must install a program called "x360ce vibmod 3.1.4.1". Then we must do what they say in the "readme" to force the game to recognize your joystick as a xbox360 pad does work on all my games now, even "Wanted-WOF" and "AliensVSpredator" that did not work before.

There is no need to configure the controls in the game itself as you just need to tweak with an INI file. I have tried an Emulator with an older version 2.016 and the demo version of this game was not even starting. You may try to do some settings of your wheel to make sure that they are not combined.