Thread: Help for Dawn of War 2. Windows Live login problems

Help for Dawn of War 2. Windows Live login problems

I apologies for yet an additional regarding this tribulations getting onto Windows Live for Dawn of War 2, additional than I have comprise and limited technical knowledge and would be pleased regarding it if several help obtainable was presented in a step by step way. I have read numerous of the current threads/posts by means of the entire the talk of ports, netsh something or additional, etc. and I locate it hard to a) recognize this techno babble, and b) essentially do anything by means of it. I determine to start from the beginning: I have installed the game, no tribulations. I have redeemed my extra war gear code in Window Live marketplace, no tribulations.

Re: Help for Dawn of War 2. Windows Live login problems

I encompass an existing Windows Live account, connected to my hotmail address, by means of the gamer tag "Jaghati" which was used to get the additional content (and it has been played by means of on a friend’s xbox360). As many of you have comprise almost certainly experienced, subsequent to loading up the game, subsequent to connecting to steam, and choosing to log into Windows Live in the top right button, I am asked if I desire to generate a profile, or utilize an existing one. I choose existing profile alternative, enter my hotmail details and then subsequent to a long wait I get the message "server unavailable or tribulations by means of my network/firewall".

Details make recognized that my Internet IP address is not signed in, nor is my system account or my UPnP (no matter what that is). I have comprise no firewall active, so I am at a loss how to log into Windows Live and start playing on line. I maintain in mind a time when you installed a disk onto your system and played the game within minutes. I be able to imagine there are a lot additional people similar to me that have no idea what to do at present.

This is the majority probably related to a small number of things. Create certain that you have to put out of action several firewall software. Create certain that you have opened the appropriate ports on the router, or circumvented the router completely. Confirm that no software is working with which might interfere by means of your correlation, containing anti-virus or sanctuary software, xfire, hamachi, etc.

I have comprise the similar connection tribulations, and the netsh line returned me an error saying that the echo reinitialization might not be completed and that the right of entry is denied. I have comprise a somewhat comparable tribulations. I run windows xp, and heard that I would necessitate to run a scrupulous program to run windows live on xp. I then had a number of tribulations logging on, Additional than managed it in due time. I have encompass and played the game for two days at present, and have loaded on every time I log it. On the other hand, recently, it flatly refused to take my windows login, claiming that there were a number of connection tribulations, or my id was bad.

The real kick is that I checkered this by signing in from the desktop, and got in immediately extremely well. Thinking this would run, I reserved the "Games for Windows Life" Window open at the same time as I started DOW2. It tranquil asked me to sign in, and tranquil did not work. I suppose that it is a technical tribulations on the game's part, additional than if there is a method to get the game to re-recognize, or remember, or to even play the game without having to log in (I would be happy to run on the campaign merely, if desirable), I would appreciate it.

Ok, I have figured out how to open the entire the ports on my router, additional than I tranquil get the similar message saying there's a tribulations moreover on the Windows Live server or my network. One additional thing. Whilst looking at the XBox Live website, there is a register of compatible linksys routers of which excavation is not present. Even though there is a list of incompatible ones too, and I am not on that register moreover.