Thread: Upgraded to Windows 7 and ME2 crashes to black screen

Upgraded to Windows 7 and ME2 crashes to black screen

I have a generic system which has these specs, AMD Athlon PHENOM 2 QUAD CORE processor, 4 gigs DDR2, NVIDIA Ge Force 9600GT graphics card, WINDOWS 7. When I installed and played ME2 for the primary time, at primary there were no tribulations, then the game shuts down regularly, then the system collides sometimes, even when I was not playing the game and my system collided. I backed up my files formatted my windows hard drive and installed a innovative copy of windows 7, at present the collided occurs less regularly, and occurs merely when I play ME2 as I tested my system by leaving my system on for a day and I did not observe an error communication saying that "windows recovered from an unexpected shutdown".

Re: Upgraded to Windows 7 and ME2 crashes to black screen

I got anti aliasing to work or run by using enhancer, generating a convention profile for masseffect2.exe, then going to the compatibility tab and situation “Anti-Aliasing Compatibility” to “00000045: AA & HDR” from the drop-down box. Tribulations are, it lowers the frame rate in game to somewhere approximately 15-20 fps for me, which is an enormous hit. The game works smooth as superior otherwise. So I imagine I determine to presently play from side to side it by means of jaggier.

As of the 196.21 drivers, nvidia has the incorrect executable name for Mass Effect 2 arrangement for the profile. This is why creating revolutionize to the Mass Effect 2 profile does nothing. Mass Effect 2, similar to the entire UE3 based games, necessitate an AA compatibility mode, this is why AA would not run presently by setting up your individual profile. Similar to the entire UE3 games, AA is partial coverage simply. Merely some edges determine to be AA’ed. Characteristically edges viewed against harsh lighting or a number of surfaces by means of special effects applied by means of not have AA applied.

ATI users are able to blame ATI for repeatedly refusing to expose AA compatibility settings to the end user. Getting it to run for nvidia does require a bit additional work than customary though. Try going to SteamApps/common/mass effect 2/Binaries and hit it off on MassEffect2Config.exe. And arrangement your video to match by means of your setup. Getting AA by means of the Steam version or description is probable by means of an nvidia card.

Updating the entire system related drivers would encompass been my universal advice. Additional than you have done that previously, for that reason you might try to fiddle approximately by means of UAC (User Account Control). One by no means is familiar with. Right hit it off on game, properties, local files, confirm integrity of game files. Then defrag them subsequent to that you be supposed to launch the game using the Launcher first so you be able to set the entire your settings the most excellent way. Create certain you are signed into EA and Biowear. Then you have to register the game. I was having your identical difficulty. I did those steps. One of them (or the entire) fixed the difficulty.

One explanation was to install the most recent Nvidia Physx Drivers by hand, even though Steam more often than not prepares it’s digital content to work or run out of the box (by installing the entire (by any game )required frameworks on first startup). I am able to merely throw a guess in this case, additional than it might be similar problem and in addition relies on the Physx engine correspondingly those drivers.

The Bioware has on one occasion the entire in excess of again proven that they be able to create RPGs similar to no additional game developer be able to by means of their second entry to the Mass Effect sequence, Mass Effect 2. Additional than presently akin to many additional video games out in the market, Mass Effect 2 is no stranger to collides, freezes, errors, and glitches. So if you are wedged on the desktop for the reason that of a gamebreaking collide, and then create certain out the fix guide beneath and you might locate the solution you require. Update your nVidia and ATI video / Graphics cards to their most recent drivers.