Thread: Splinter Cell Conviction graphic glitch

Splinter Cell Conviction graphic glitch

Hello.
    I recently bought the new splintercell conviction.
    But have i have 1 problem with it. I started installing it and all the and it looked like everything worked well.

But when i started playing there comes a graphic glitch every 30 sek to 5 min. Ether the schreen just turns black and i can only see the objective arrow or i can only see like the background of the level. MOstly its just clouds. But i can only se the objective arrow and ether the black or the backing thing.

It seems like the only way i can get it away is to change my graphic reselution, and that only works for about 2 min then i have to do it again, and im getting sick of it.

Any suggestions what i might be and how i get rid of it? Thanks

Re: Splinter Cell Conviction graphic glitch

Which Operating system are you using? And what is your full computer configurations, which graphic card specially? Did you update your graphics driver to the latest? Do you face such issues with some other games as well? Steam has released a 1.01 patch for the game that resolves some issues with gameplay. Try to apply it and let us know your results.

Im using Vista 32 bit, it havent happend with any of my other games, im using ATI Mobility Radeon HD 347. And i will try and look for newest driver and apply patch

Actually, a new Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction PC Patch v1.02 is released, download it from here.

Fixes include:

1. Added DLC support
    2. Fixed many disconnection and divergences issues in coop modes.
    3. Added Multi-GPU support for SLI/Crossfire (remaining issues on ATI side)
    4. Added ATI Eyefinity support (we are waiting on a validation by AMD for theEyefinity Ready official stamp)
    5. Some configuration specific divergences fixes, crashs et minor bugs
    6. Graphic glitches when running in low visual quality:
    7. Improve performances and some flickering issues.
    8. Low-end video card optimizations.
    9. Fixed Microsoft Wireless X360 controller not being detected properly with some drivers.
    10. Fixed interaction buttons overlapping in certain resolutions/aspect ratios.
    11. GTX400 Nvidia video card support (removed the error message)
    12. Various minor fixes.

Ive heard alot about that patch and i started lookin around, i found a patch 1.03 and applied it, still same problem.

And Btw, u guys know any good program to find new driver updates, cus im having some trouble finding new updates

fredstratus Guest

The adventures of Sam Fisher continue in the fifth entry of the stealth-based series. In this game, all of the rules have changed, as the storyline takes a dramatic turn that will reinvent the Splinter Cell franchise forever. Fisher can no longer rely on his trusted bag of tools and iconic goggles.An investigation into his daughter's death unwittingly leads former agent Sam Fisher to discover he’s been betrayed by his prior agency, the Third Echelon. Now a renegade, Fisher finds himself in a race against time to thwart a deadly terrorist plot that threatens millions.
    Last edited by Maqbool; 28-06-2010 at 05:24 PM. Reason: External links not allowed, not even in signatures. Removed the same.