Thread: Co-op private match connection not responding in Splinter Cell Conviction

Co-op private match connection not responding in Splinter Cell Conviction

Please help me with the problem which I am facing. I have recently bought a Splinter cell conviction PC CD ROM and installed it on the computer. I am trying to connect to the server which is created by my friend but I am not able to join it. It gives an error message saying " Server is not responding". Is anybody else facing similar problems with game then please explain me why Co-op private match connection is not responding in Splinter Cell Conviction. Any help is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: Co-op private match connection not responding in Splinter Cell Conviction

Have you turned off firewall of the computer? Firewall or any other security software which is installed on the computer blocks all the unknown traffic which is terminating on the computer. Due to this tendency of the security software's sometimes the traffic which is desired by the user is also blocked. If such a situation occurs then the user will face similar problems like the one which you are facing. Disable the firewall and check if you are able to connect to the server or not.

For playing games online the Internet connection should be very good as high latency and high pings are not desirable. If the internet connection of the server or which is used by you is not good then performance of the game will not be proper and error message such as Server not responding are common. Hence check if the internet connection is good enough to support online gaming or not. You can check the quality of Internet connection by visiting the websites like speedtest.in which rates the internet connection according to the performance of the link in various test.

Hey thanks for replying to the post. Disabling the firewall and connecting to the server really helped. Now we can play together on the same server but I am facing some problem with the gameplay. The game suddenly starts lagging while playing. Also it quits randomly at certain stages. Why is this happening? I am using Windows 7 on my computer. Can this be the problem?

Most of the games which are supported by Windows Xp operating system are not supported by Windows 7. Hence if the game is not supported by the operating system then the game will either not work properly or will not run at all. The list of all the games which are supported by Windows 7 is available on the official website of Microsoft. Check if the game which you are playing is supported by the operating system or not. If the game is not supported then there is nothing much you can do about it. You can try to run the game in compatibility mode and see if it works.

If the computer is powered by a multicore processor then such problems are usually faced. Multi core processors have multiple processing cores which start processing any application together. Disable the extra processing cores and see if the game is lagging or not. Start the game and start the task manager. Go to processes and right click on the process and select Set affinity. Remove the check mark from the processors and click on OK. Resume the game and see if the game works properly.

Yes disabling the extra cores of the processor while playing the game really helped me in solving the lagging issue. Now I run the game on single CPU thread and the game does not lag at all. Also after removing the extra cores of the CPU, the game takes less memory space on the computer.

I can't join my friends private match-.-
    Pleas help!