Thread: 5 button mouse not supported for Just Cause 2

5 button mouse not supported for Just Cause 2

Hi to all. I was eagerly awaiting the release Just Cause 2. And now that it has released I had got it installed on my Dell Alienware desktop which runs on Windows 7. I had no issues in installing the game. But the issue is with my mouse. I am using the HP Optical 5 button mouse for gaming. But now I have realized that the game does not supports the additional two (i.e. 4th and 5th) buttons of my mouse. These were helpful for me for playing games. Is there any possibility of me using them ?

Re: 5 button mouse not supported for Just Cause 2

I have not noticed this. I also bought Just Cause II. But I am using a normal optical mouse and this is working well on my system. I guess the game is not having support for a 5 mouse button so you would have to a conventional 3 button mouse. It might be that the support might be latter added in the upcoming DLC for the game.

Yes, even I think the same that the game is not supporting the 5 button mouse. But there are a number of softwares available which you may use to integrate your 5 button mouse with the game. Use Google to track down such useful software and install it to play the game. This would probably make use of the additional mouse keys instead of the keyboard keys.

I attached a conventional optical mouse to my Alienware desktop to play Just Cause 2 and removed the 5 button mouse but the issue is that my new mouse is not detected while playing the game. It works well for all other application, But while playing Just Cause 2 game it is of no use. Why is this happening.

I attached a conventional optical mouse to my Alienware desktop to play Just Cause 2 and removed the 5 button mouse but the issue is that my new mouse is not detected while playing the game. It works well for all other application, But while playing Just Cause 2 game it is of no use. Why is this happening.
    Have you checked that the mouse is properly plugged in. Check the mouse for some other game on your computer. Also verify if it is working on some other computer for the same game. If still the mouse is not working then try re-installing the game once. And even if this does not solves the issue then probably the mouse might have gone bad is not compatible.