Thread: Dawn of war 2 crashed after mission finishes

Dawn of war 2 crashed after mission finishes

Hi,
    I am facing game crashing issue in Dawn of War 2 game. What happens here, as I finish a level the game crashed. There is nothing displayed and PC freezes. Then after force restarting the game works. The event has occurred two three time and the game play. I think the issue can be due to improper game installation or might be its file are not compatible with Vista.

Re: Dawn of war 2 crashes after mission finishes

There can be multiple issue behind this. First I will suggest you to adjust your graphic settings and then try back again. Try to change your Texture Details to mediums in the graphic settings of your game. They check back. After that in the same way try to set Effects Fidelity to medium. Here if this work then your problem is solved. There is not other solution for this.

The above graphic settings which are mentioned is only for temporary basis. I had tried to do the same which worked for while. And even there is no patch out yet which can fix this matter permanently. I had check the official site for a new patch update. There was some old updates given but that does not work too in this. By the above settings at least you can make your game work for a while.

Go on the game site and search for patch 1.1.1. You can run your steam update for that or get the patch manually from the official site. This has worked in mine where when I end up a level the game crashes suddenly. But this was not frequent in my system. Hopefully this can be a minor bug which can be fixed by the given patch.Otherwise you have to wait for new updates.

Did you have your latest video drivers in your computer. I had too faced a similar issue. Here what happens when I play the game after couple of minutes the game goes black. restarted the system and things goes back to normal. But this had happen a very few time. So I updated by ATI Catalyst drivers and the game is till now working fine without any crash.

I will advice you to run a DirectX Diagnostic Tool to check back your directx support. It is a requirement for the game and may be outdated which is causing issue. For this click on Start > Run and then type dxdiag. Press OK. In the upcoming box you can see the computer information. Here click on the Display tab test your direct draw and driect 3D.