Thread: Operation Flashpoint: Red River crashed on the first mission

Operation Flashpoint: Red River crashed on the first mission

Hi,
    I got this game recently. I was having no time to play but anyhow I had installed this before only. Last night when I try to run the game i loaded properly with all those cinematic and menu graphics. There was no issue at the time of loading of game. I started playing the first mission in the game. Anyhow this was the start and I failed in the mission. Then the game crashed suddenly. The entire system freezes with that ring cursor on the screen. Everything turned black for a while. I had run Task Manager to end the game process. This was really a awful situation which I was not expecting. Does anyone know why this might happen. Thanks.

Re: Operation Flashpoint: Red River crashed on the first mission

Do one thing, try to restart the entire game back again. Play the mission back and then check back. If you fail or even if you complete check that the game is saving your gameplay or not. The game saves the checkpoints last played and the game begins back from old place. If this is not working then you must re-install the game entirely back again. This time try to install the game in a different partition. Like in D. It can be due to less space, bad sector, or because of your any security application. Do all the needful and check back again.

Did your cpu is heating up when you play the game. For this run an cpu temp on your desktop. Play in window mode so that you can easily change to desktop and can see your cpu temperature. I think your processor is getting heated because of that the game crashed. Do you have graphic card also. If yes the surely keep an eye on both temperature. Might be possible due to lack of ventilation the game is crashed. Avoid heating of cpu if found. Provide thermal paste and a better cooling support to the processor.

Here is an detailed information on system requirement of the game. You must go through this post and then check your system matches the same or not. It is recommended that you must have a one step higher system requirements, what I had mentioned here. For the processor the minimum which supports the game is AMD Athlon 64 X2 or Core 2 duo 2.4 Ghz. There is atleast 1Gb ram needed for Windows xp and around 2GB ram needed for Windows Vista and windows 7. For a better functioning of the game you must have atleast a 6gb of free space.

Are you playing the same online. If yes the for sometime just put the game in offline mode and play. Disable all your background services and then check back. Stop your antivirus or security applications. There is common issue with the game when you play the same online. There are some number of bugs in the game at the starting and for the same the company has released a patch. This patch is an kind of auto update for the game. And as you connect GFWL or Steam it is updated automatically.

There are ample of players facing the same issue with Operation Flashpoint: Red River. This game has some bugs in the start and it is correct that there is a patch for the same. But still the patch worked really well for offline mode. I had faced a major issue when I try to configure the game over lan. Some of my players just loose the connection instantly without any prior indication. And this appears to every player after an interval of time. I am not sure which service is associated behind this.