Thread: Need information on Saved game files of Assassin creed 2

Need information on Saved game files of Assassin creed 2

Sup gamers, I have just bought a licensed copy of Assassins Creed II for my Play station and I want some information about the game. Recently I was playing the game when suddenly due to power outage the Play station went off and I had to restart the level as it was not saved. Therefore if there I Need information on Saved game files of Assassin creed 2. Can the saved game files be copied on the external media? So that I am able to have back up for the files. Please help

Re: Need information on Saved game files of Assassin creed 2

The Saved files of all the game which are made by Ubisoft are locked. Hence they cannot be saved on the external media. The best solution to avoid the problems with the save game files is to enable Auto save option. Auto save option will directly save the game when a checkpoint is cleared. Auto saving thus enables the user to resume the game from the last checkpoint which was cleared. Therefore I would advice you to enable the Auto saving feature of the game to avoid further problems while playing the game.

Why the save game files are locked? The saved game files should be allowed to be copied by the user as Assassin creed 2 is single player game. Is there no other way in which the game files can be backed up as I dont want to lose any progress in the game. Please guide me through this problem.

The reason for locking up the saved game files of Assassins creed II is to avoid hacking and cheating. Many of the players from all around the world, get the saved game files from some other player and complete the game which is considered as cheating. Hence to avoid such things the game files are locked. You can back up the saved file game files by using the Backup utility and saving the game files on the hard drive of Play station 3. But it takes lot of time to take back up using this method.

Thanks for replying to the post really fast. I followed the suggestion and was able to take the back up of the files using the back up utility and it took hell lot of time to complete. To download 2 mb of file it took about 1 hour and now I am wondering that if the hard drive of the play station failed then all the saved games will be lost and it would be more painful. So what should be done in such a situation?

You dont have to worry about the hard disk failure of play station. Even if the hard drive of the play station fails, you can easily play using the previously saved games. Only thing you have to do is to login using the same PSN ID and password. Same user id and password will enable you to use all the files of the games which are played and saved using the same PSN id.