Thread: Can't connect to halo 2 online game

Can't connect to halo 2 online game

Hi,

I just bought a xbox 360, so after a lot of problems that finally got online, I start Halo 2, try to play online, I can see the games, and I can even join them, but after about 7 or 8 seconds, I was kicked out from the game. Why I can't connect to halo 2 online game ???My internet is working properly. What should be the problem

Re: Can't connect to halo 2 online game

Make sure all players are using the same version of the game. For players to connect with one another, they must use the same version of the game. We recommend that all players upgrade to the latest version of the product. Download and install Microsoft DirectX. Microsoft recommends that all players participate using the same version of DirectX. To download and install the latest version of DirectX, If you have installed the latest version of DirectX, reinstall DirectX after making a "clean boot" on your computer.

Verify that DirectX is installed correctly, to verify that DirectX is installed correctly and that all DirectX files are the correct version, follow these steps:
    1. Click Start, click Run, type dxdiag in the Open box and click OK.
    2. In the DirectX Diagnostic Tool, click the DirectX Files tab.
    3. In the Notes pane, verify that the text "Could not find any problems."

Note : If problems are found, then reinstall DirectX.
    Click the Network tab.
    Verify that there are no symptoms of a corrupted DirectPlay installation.

To determine if this problem is the broadband hardware, connect directly to the Internet without any device except the DSL or cable modem. If the problem no longer occurs, contact the hardware manufacturer with the ISP or network administrator to correctly configure the connection properties.

Maybe the hardware manufacturer has released a firmware update for a router to solve a particular problem in a game or a specific simulation. A firmware update can also install or improve existing features of the device, such as Universal Plug and Play (UPnP).

Test your network connection
    1. Click Start, click Run, type dxdiag in the Open box and click OK.
    2. In the DirectX Diagnostic Tool, click the Network tab and then click Test DirectPlay.
    3. In the DirectPlay Test dialog box, type your name in the User Name box.
    4. Click Service Provider's TCP / IP DirectPlay.
    5. Table TCP / IP, enter the port number.
    6. Click Create New Session and then click OK.

DxDiag DirectPlay Chat appears.
    To ask another player to join your session, click Join Existing Session.

Note : If DirectPlay test performed over the Internet, the player host must send your current address Internet Protocol (IP) to the player or players who will join.
    Make the check again, but now as a player who is joining (ask the other player acting as host).

A firewall software is a security system that acts as a protective boundary between a network and the outside world. If you have installed a software firewall, it can prevent the computer from connecting to other computers or servers to participate in a multiplayer session. Examine the notification area (the small area in the lower right corner of the screen) to see if it is running a firewall on your computer. If disabling the firewall resolves the issue, contact the manufacturer of your firewall software to see how to configure the firewall so that it works with your game or simulation.