Thread: How to upgrade RAM in Xbox

How to upgrade RAM in Xbox

Can i increase the RAM in Xbox 360? My old xbox having 64 MB of RAM, i want to increase it to 128MB, i don't know about the internal hardware structure of xbox, i haven't tried to see if the RAM is removable and we can put the another same type of RAM. Thanks for any reply.

Re: How to upgrade RAM in Xbox

Why you want to upgrade it? and its a console and it wil play all compatible games without any issue,then i think there is no need to upgrade the ram in consoles.

It doesn't require. Microsoft doesn't allow this. RAM really isn't an important component of game consoles because of the way they work. There is more RAM in the 360 than it will realistically use so there is no need for an upgrade at all. It doesn't need it at all.

OH, i didn't knew that. Thanks for info. There is any way to make it faster? Thanks for helping guys.

Yeah you can make it faster, one of the trick is by clearing the cache,

Here's how: "Go to the system blade and then memory. Press Y on either the HDD or a MU and then press X,X,Left Bumper, Right Bumper, X,X. Once you do this a blade will pop up saying: This will perform maintenance on your Xbox 360 storage devices. Do you want to continue? Pick yes or no."

It will remove any game updates and make your 360 run smoother you will have to re-download any game updates you want, it wont remove anything else all your game save and other data will still be there.