Thread: AT&T Throttling Unlimited Data the top 5%

AT&T Throttling Unlimited Data the top 5%

This is really frustrating on the morning I got the message from AT&T stating I'm in the 5% this month. Is anyone else also having that message at such a low amount of data use? It's very crazy to say that you're at the 5% while you're merely at 5 gigabytes, previous month I utilize 20 gigabytes and didn't get anything. And please don't day that you can begin using Wi-Fi." Well I can't, for the reason that this is my only way online where I live.

Re: AT&T Throttling Unlimited Data the top 5%

Yeah I have even seen that AT & T may begin throttling for data use 5 percent of users who consume the most bandwidth, and as the business day begins drawing to a close, we now have confirmation directly from the horse's mouth. Starting October 1st, those who use more bandwidth in any given billing cycle will have their speeds throttled, with normal speeds restored once a new billing period begins. AT & T says the new policy is necessary in the face of a "serious crunch of wireless spectrum." The move will provide minimal short term. AT & T proposed long-term solution? The completion of their merger with T-Mobile.

Customers can decide to be in on their unlimited plans plus make use of unlimited amounts of data, although may get the reduced speeds at some point, if they are very intense user data. If speed is much important, they might wish to pass a plan to utilize the bleachers, where customers can shell out for more data if they require it and will not see less speeds.

Although just as they follow this additional step, they will not resolve the lack of range and network ability problem. Nothing less than the completion of the merger of T-Mobile will give capacity for extra spectrum to meet these challenge in the short term.

AT&T has kept his word and break down on heavy users of unlimited data since the company began sending text messages warning data rates have been reduced. The days of unlimited data fast are over. The message sent to client states "Data usage is 5% of users. Data rates for the rest of your current billing cycle can be reduced

Needless to say, users who fall into that 5 percent, which means more or less than 2 GB of data usage, you will see a decrease in its connection to 2G or as we call, dial-up. AT & T has called out on the use of data

I have an unlimited data plan from AT&T. I've been with AT & T for a few years. But recently I received an email from AT & T says I'm at 5 percent of the heavy data users. And if I go in using the 5 percent that will make my slow Internet every time you pass this limit until the new billing cycle begins again. I do not think is fair since I'm paying for unlimited data. What I can do? Please help!!

why not instead of convince people to buy unlimited data then cutting them off before they reach their limit doesn't at&t release what the 95% is and sell the 95% for the price of the so call "Unlimited" plan?

Sadly, not a lot you can do to fight AT & T on this. AT & T said in July that the accelerator for heavy user’s data rates from October. The policy is intended to decrease the use of people still on the unlimited plan through AT & T data. As you most likely be familiar with, AT & T remove the unlimited data plan as an option in the summer of 2010. But , the current permissible Smartphone customers to carry on their unlimited data plans if you made no changes to your plan.