Thread: Unable to clear web history and auto-complete from Firefox 10 for Mac pc.

Unable to clear web history and auto-complete from Firefox 10 for Mac pc.

Hi, I have upgraded my Firefox browser to latest version that is 10.I am looking for anyone who knows how to clear a history from Firefox 10. Before making any update to this browser I was able to clear history but now even if I clear the browsing history it shows the previously browsed pages in auto-complete. How can I remove both the auto-complete and history from my browser? I am not finding any option here?

Re: Unable to clear web history and auto-complete from Firefox 10 for Mac pc.

There are two options in new browser which are clear “browsing and downloading history” and other option is for “form and search history”. Are you including both of them while clearing the history or just clearing the “browsing and downloading history”? Try clearing both the option and you will see that your browser no more holds any pages from history and previous searches.

Yeah, I know both of the options and I am also including “form and search history”. I have also enabled the other options but it is still not working for me. I also had previous version of Firefox 9.0.1 but in that browser also I was not able to delete the auto-complete and history, though I was able to clear the recent history from it. Now in Firefox 10 it has entirely stopped working for me and I am not able to delete my history.

I am using the same browser on Mac OS X Lion (10.7.2) but it is working fine for me. Check if you are doing the same as me:
    1. Go to history and then select “clear all history”.
    2. A small window will open showing several options in it for clearing the history.
    3. First option will allow you to select the time range from which you can decide how much from which time you want to delete the history. Select “everything” to delete all the history from your browser.
    4. Below this option there will be check boxes for “browsing and downloading history”,” form and search history” “cookies” and “cache”. You must enable these options and then select “clear now” in order to delete all of your browsing history.

When I go and clear all the recent history including all of the above also then browser shows that history is cleared completely and nothing is showed in drop down list menu of browser but due to “auto-complete” function browser again gathers all the recent history. I have been trying to find any way to delete the auto-complete from y browser or disabling the auto-complete but all I got is for older versions of Firefox browsers. Is there any difference in “clearing history” and “clearing auto-complete” option? Because I am not finding any option for disabling or clearing the auto-complete from my browser.