Thread: Norton Tool Bar got deleted from Firefox 8

Norton Tool Bar got deleted from Firefox 8

My Firefox browser has a separate tool bar named as Norton Safe Search Bar. Now that toolbar was automatically installed by the Norton Internet Security 2011 software that I am using in my system. Now I don’t know by what means it has got accidentally deleted. What should I do now? Can you all please tell me some solutions for the same that would be better for me. So that’s what I want to say here. I just want to know by what means will I be able to get that Norton Search Bar back on my Firefox Browser Page? If you all have some ideas then please do share it with me. I am waiting for the response from your side.

Re: Norton Tool Bar got deleted from Firefox 8

Quote Originally Posted by Ash^Bi View Post
    My Firefox browser has a separate tool bar named as Norton Safe Search Bar. Now that toolbar was automatically installed by the Norton Internet Security 2011 software that I am using in my system. Now I don’t know by what means it has got accidentally deleted. What should I do now? Can you all please tell me some solutions for the same that would be better for me. So that’s what I want to say here. I just want to know by what means will I be able to get that Norton Search Bar back on my Firefox Browser Page? If you all have some ideas then please do share it with me. I am waiting for the response from your side.
    Just go to the add-ons section and click on extensions. There you will be able to find two Norton add-ons. One of them is the Norton Toolbar 2011.7.3.6 and the other one is the Symantec IPS 3.2. just allow or enable them that’s what you should be doing. I hope this small suggestion from my side did help you to some extent that’s it from my side for you.

I have a solution for you what you should be doing is that go to the Norton program and under PC protection check out for the Live updates. After installing the Live updates then reboot your system and then check out for the toolbar. The Norton toolbar will get automatically installed. So that’s what you should be doing. I hope that was enough for you that’s it from my side.

I would say that go to add-ons and a Add-ons Manager tab will open. Now click on the button and then check for the updates. Now in case if it find some updates they will be downloaded automatically. So hope you did understand what I am saying here. That’s it from my side for you.

Just try updating with the 2012 version of Norton Internet Security. May be the existing one is not compatible with the Firefox 8 and hence it might have deleted the Norton toolbar from the browser. So that can be the case over here. I hope you might have understood what I have said here.

So for once just try getting the NIS 2012 and see if it is installing the necessary toolbar in the browser.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxanne's View Post
    Just go to the add-ons section and click on extensions. There you will be able to find two Norton add-ons. One of them is the Norton Toolbar 2011.7.3.6 and the other one is the Symantec IPS 3.2. just allow or enable them that’s what you should be doing. I hope this small suggestion from my side did help you to some extent that’s it from my side for you.
    This solution did work for me and hence appreciate the response that you all have given here, thanks a ton for the same. That was too good for me. So thanks a lot for the same. I just enabled the add ons and that worked for me.