Thread: Getting Yahoo Authentication Error while using Opera

Getting Yahoo Authentication Error while using Opera

Hi friends, I am using the Opera for a couple of months and from that time I don’t have any of the issue with this browser but recently I have an issue with the Authentication for the yahoo, that ask me to check for the emails. So from the few days I am getting the same Authentication fail error in the Opera. So what is the main problems here I don’t know much about this and also don’t know how to overcome this so if you guys have any of the information about this then please do the reply for this. So guys If anybody can help I will be very pleased

Re: Getting Yahoo Authentication Error while using Opera

According to my information these issues take place sometime whenever the POP server is down, so at that time you have to try accessing the POP server with another client and see whether it is working over there. So for that you have to check for the POP server status, may the server is down itself.

Even I was also facing the same problems for the Authentication for the Yahoo mail, I have try several thing but not overcome from this situation but finally one of my friends help me to get over this issue so for that I have make the changes for the POP and SMTP server setting and I have changes it to pop.mail.yahoo.co.uk and smtp.mail.yahoo.co.uk and after that I have seen that there are no such issue or error are arise after this changes to the setting for the POP and SMTP server. So you just try it out to change the setting for the POP and SMTP server setting change it to pop.mail.yahoo.co.uk and smtp.mail.yahoo.co.uk and then restart the browser may it will work for you.

I think it is the UK based server issue so Try changing to UK based servers and see if it works for you or not. If it doesn’t work for you then the POP server may be down there so because of that you are getting such problems.

According to my experience from the long time using opera I can suggest that this error is due to the Opera one of the feature for regular checking for the checking on its regular schedule, since if you do the manually check you will unable to find any of the error. So default the check for the Opera browser is 15 minute. So may by the changes to this setting for the feature of the opera and disabling these features for checking the authentication you can make the correction for this type of error.

Whenever the problems for the Authentication is there for the Yahoo Mail Plus account, you can simply Retry since it work fine for these problems. So whenever you get these errors while using the yahoo or any other mail services and you are forced not to get the Authentication for that purpose or work you can retry that same process again since it may be the server issue due to the speed over there on the server. But the temporary solution for this is Retrying to do that specific works.

If you are facing the Authentication error then you can go for the following changes in your system to overcome this issue:
    • First go to the ‘Mail and Chat Accounts’ and then in to the ‘Account’ and there you will find the ‘edit’ option inside that you will see ‘servers’ so there you have some of the settings for the POP and for the SMPT so from that there is the option for the ‘username’ and ‘password’ for both of the POP and for the SMP. So you just have to Retype your username and password for each too.

Whenever the POP server is down these issues take place, so for that so for that you have to try to get accessing to the POP server with help of the another client. And also check the status of the POP server may you are trying to get the access but the server is itself down so because of that you are getting the error.