Thread: How to Enable ‘click to play’ | Flashblock option in Google Chrome

How to Enable ‘click to play’ | Flashblock option in Google Chrome

Hi, I have almost used each and every browser that comes, and I have noticed that we not only affected through the internet browsing a web site but apart from that there are multiple factors that affect the machines such as plugins, like Flash, Java, etc. and almost they are insecure.

But as I mentioned that I have used almost each browser but I came to know that such option are only in google chrome to secure the browsing as well as the PC.

After searching the internet I came to know about the term “Click to Play” option but I didn’t got any information as how to enable it, thus is there anyone who had done this ever before?

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Re: How to Enable ‘click to play’ | Flashblock option in Google Chrome

Yeah off course you can do this, and for that you have to follow the below mentioned steps.

1. Open the browser and at the address bar type “about:flags” and hit enter.

2. Since you did this you’ll be able to see the page that will give you an option for experimental” features that you can either enable and disable.

3. And from that page only you’ll be able to see the option called ‘click to play”, thus enable it and then restart the browser. (refer the Image mentioned above)

4. Launch the browser again and click on “tools” and select “option” it will take you to the page called “under the hood”. And select” Content settings” button.

5. Roll down the page until you get Plug-ins, and check the “Click to Play” radio button to enable the feature.

Do we have any such feature for the FireFox as well? Because I haven’t used this chrome browser ever thus I am not familiar with it.

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Really great dude, I appreciate the suggestion that you have made.

But the thing that I have notices is like the settings are applied to all the pages and we have to make disable the settings sometimes but we have to do it often, so is there any way through which we can define the it is been available for the particular site only?

Anyways thanks for the above suggestion.

Surely, I think you haven’t seen other option that you get while you select the “click to play” option mentioned above.

Anyways just see the picture below you’ll understand it properly.

You have to click on the “Manage Exception” button as you can see on the pictures. And it will make you enable to override these settings for particular sites for an example if suppose you desire to always have Flash enabled on YouTube or any other flash content site, or utilize Java on a exacting site that you belief.

Since you’re done in here click the “Disable individual plug-ins” link that comes in to view exactly below the button. And from there you can disable flash, java ETC.

(NOTE: The setting that I have mentioned over here is only for the google chrome browser.)

Wow, that was really good, I have managed all the sites for which I wish to enable them, and off course other would be disable for sure.