Thread: Losing session with Firefox 6 on my netbook

Losing session with Firefox 6 on my netbook

I am using the Firefox 6 in my netbook but the problem is that, it is losing the session all the times. Actually, I closed the Firefox window without closing the tabs and next time when I started that again then it started a new session and the earlier session was lost. This was not the case with the previous version of the Firefox then why it is happening with this one. Can you please tell me that what is the reason for this and if this is same for all the beta users? Thank you in advance for your replies.

Re: Losing session with Firefox 6 on my netbook

There is one trick that you can try with this. Just go to your profile and then search for the sessionstore.js and sessionstore.bak. Now copy both of these to some safe place and if you find that the sessionstore.bak is bigger than sessionstore.js take remove the sessionstore.js and rename the sessionstore.bak as sessionstore.js. Once you are done with that then you can restart the Firefox. I hope that you will not get that problem again.

I am also using the beta version of the Firefox 6 and it is not the problem for me. I think that the installed Firefox 6 in your computer is corrupted and for that reason you are getting the problems like this. If that is the case then there is only one thing that you ca n do and that is to reinstall the browser. Uninstall the Firefox from your computer and after that install that over again. Many of such issues get resolved after reinstalling the browser and so I hope that it will do the same for you.

Just clear the browser cache and the history of the browser and once you are done with that then restart the browser. Now check for the session and let us know that if this is able to get the issue solved or not. I was having the similar problem with the Opera web browser and I did the same with that and it solves the problem for me. So I hope that it will do the same for you as well. Good Luck!!!

The Session Manager porch can be utilized to save numerous sessions. The sessionstore.bak file will be placed inside the profile folder intended for details on accessing the profile folder and to perceive wither the Profiles article or else If you encompass previously re-opened and closed Firefox because you lost the preceding session, the backup file will have been overwritten.