Thread: Internet explorer 9 missing Favorites Button & Tabs

Internet explorer 9 missing Favorites Button & Tabs

I am running Windows 7 on my computer and have applied all the Windows Update on it as well. Now my Internet Explorer version has changed completely and it doesnt have the Favorites button. I am also not able to open a link in a new tab since it is gone too. Can anyone tell me how do I get back the Favorites Button & Tabs in this new Internet Explorer browser? Thanks

Re: Internet explorer 9 missing Favorites Button & Tabs

First of all open Internet Explorer 9 in your system and then try to press the Alt key which will open the Menu bar. After that you need to choose View and then move your cursor over the Toolbars. You then need to check the Favorites bar and also any other things that you require to be shown. You can get Favorites, History and Feed also by clicking the start button at the right side of the url address bar or else by pressing Alt+C key on your keyboard.

First of all click on the start icon on the desktop and after that click on Run. Now here you need to type regedit and after that click the ok button. Now you will get the registry editor and under that go to the following location:
    HKEY CURRENT USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders
    Now here on left side try to locate the Favorites key and once you get this then right click on that and then select modify. Give the below path on the value data:
    C:\Documents and Settings\<Current User>\Favorites\
    After you are done then let me know if this worked for you or not.

Re: Internet explorer 9 missing Favorites Button & Tabs

After loosing my “favorites” drop down list when I installed a new Internet explorer version, and searching many sites giving suggestions for modifying the registry, reinstalling, etc. with none of them working, I found the following solution to my problem. The newer version of Internet Explorer didn’t look for my “Favorites” folder under my user name, instead it was looking under “Windows.” I opened windows explorer, found the “favorites” folder, I think it was in computer/users/my user name/favorites. I then expanded the computer so I could see “windows” and moved the favorites folder into the windows folder. As a result, my drop down list of favorites was restored. It worked for me. That doesn't mean it will work for everyone.

Doesnt ALL VERSIONS OF IE look for your favourites in Windows folder??

I have IE6 and thats exactly where it looks for them (Unless you change it in the reg)

Right now my favourite folder is in Windows\Start Menu