Thread: I am shocked by the Google chrome commercial

I am shocked by the Google chrome commercial

I just saw the commercial chrome Google last night and am totally appalled and outraged! Uninstalling Chrome today. Sp disappointed in this company. It also plans to write the local news channel requesting that this ad be taken off the air. Anyone knows how to contact the venue? I know these discussion forums do not go very far and I have really wanted to go to the top of this. Let’s hope for good.

Re: I am shocked by the Google chrome commercial

This commercial is one of several in a global campaign to better demonstrate how people use the web as a powerful platform to create, collaborate and communicate. This is simply a project of millions of examples of ordinary people with the technology and the power of the web to contribute and share information. You can see a different example of the Google Chrome Channel on YouTube.

I think the point of the ad is "okay to be different and you can build a community and a campaign to use the web. It gets better" ad. The point is to claim the commercial is very subtle compared with the intention of living the gay lifestyle. Google could have used many other analogies that are not offensive. I think I purposely used the "it can be gay" theme to get all points of view. It is a total disgrace!

Presumably if they had an announcement about a disabled sports player to start a campaign to get the university to enter a team of wheelchair basketball, then someone would have objected. After all, people with disabilities should be hidden from decent people. The same applies for the promotion of web campaigns against discrimination of women, black discrimination, religious discrimination, etc. There is another ad that shows how a new parent can use Google services in the cloud to document their new daughters early. Probably some people think it's immoral too.

What's the big deal about "gets better" ad that has to be off the air? Homosexuals annoyed and upset all the time. But why? They are human? No one deserves to be collected in and decided to do with your life! What is the point of being homophobic, unless you are sure of your sexuality? I hope that people watch the video on the YouTube and understand how Google really is. I hope people understand this.