Thread: Will divx for Mac and Safari supported by Snow Leopard?

Will divx for Mac and Safari supported by Snow Leopard?

Following are the system specification of the computer of mine.
    27" iMac Core 2 Duo 3.06 GHz, 12 GB RAM, OS X 10.6.7
    Safari (v. 5.0.5 [6533.21.1])
    Safari Extensions:
    DivX HiQ 2.1.1.94
    DivX Plus Web Player HTML5 <video> 2.1.1.94
    I am looking to get the Divx Bundle on the computer of mine.i wanted to know about DivX for Mac Bundle 7.1 or DivX Web Player for Mac v2.1.1 to deal with the OS which I have installed on the computer. let me know if you are having any solution on this particular matter. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Will divx for Mac and Safari supported by Snow Leopard?

Well looking at the situation which you have mentioned over here I recommend that you should delete the DivX extention from the computer of yours. after doing this you should download the Perian from the official website. well you should install the same after downloading the Perian. You might require to remove the older codecs. Also you need to move to HD/Library/Quicktime/ delete any files which has been associated to DivX.

In this particular situation you should have the DivX player browser plugins which is available from the Divx. Once you have installed DivX 7 packages from the Mac and you have to pick out the codec which might be interfere with the Perian. As far as I know Perian v1 2.2 is having support for MKV and H.364. however there is no support for AAC. So you should install the same on the computer of yours and see whether it is working or not.

You have to launch Safari on the computer of yours and go for Preference and then go for Security. You have to click on the Web Content so that you can enable Java on the browser of yours. finally you need to launch the Audio Midi Setup which you will get from the Utilities folder from the application folder of yours and you have to click on the Audio Device. You have to see that both input as well as output format are set to 44100 hz and now you have to select the Built in Audio on the computer of yours.

Additionally you can fix the matter by simply installing the updated version of Flash and Quicktime ob the computer depending on the version of the Mac which you have installed on the computer. you have to browse to Hard Disk/Library/Internet Plug-Ins folder and simply drag the QuickTime Plugin.webplugin on the desktop of yours. now close and restart the Safari on the computer of yours. if there is a change in the situation then you have to trash that particular file and see whether it is working or not.

Let me know any of the above mentioned solutions are working or not? If none of above mentioned things are not working then I recommend that you should contact the technical support team of the Apple and get the further assistance on this particular matter. Well you should provide the information which is associated with the requirement of yours and they would help you out to fix the matter of yours.