Thread: Pinned tabs disappears after starting Google Chrome

Pinned tabs disappears after starting Google Chrome

Hey guys I have been using Google Chrome from a while and it has been working very well until two days back. From last two days, I am facing this problem with my Google Chrome. My friend had saved some pinned tabs with my favorite links. Sometimes when I am starting up my Google Chrome, these tabs goes missing and I am unable to locate them. Does anyone know what could be the reason behind this problem? What I can do to end this issue and how to get my pinned up tabs again. Your suggestions would be appreciated.

re: Pinned tabs disappears after starting Google Chrome

There is a high possibility that your system might be under some kind of virus or any other kind of malicious germs infection. It is always advised to install a good Antivirus in your system, especially if you have got an internet connection. A computer system is always prone to virus attacks when it is connected to Internet. Also make sure that your Antivirus is always kept updated so that your system is kept protected from new virus attacks. I would recommend you to perform complete system scan and check whether your system is under any kind of virus attack or not. If detected any, remove it from your system.

Re: Pinned tabs disappears after starting Google Chrome

I would suggest you to uninstall the version of Google Chrome you have got installed in your system and reinstall it. As you said that the problem started all of a sudden from nowhere, it might be highly possible that the current Google Chrome might have got corrupted and that is why you are facing this unusual behavior with your Chrome browser. So the best possible solution at this moment is to completely uninstall the Chrome browser from your system and reinstall it. Restart your system whenever prompted.

Thank you, guys for replying so quickly to my post. It was very kind of you to spend some time typing your suggestions to get my problem solved. I did exactly what you guys asked me to do. First I performed complete system scan using completely updated antivirus and luckily did not detect anything. Then I uninstalled the Google Chrome from my system and reinstalled it using the setup I had downloaded long back. But doing this also did not help me solve my issue. Does anyone have more suggestions? Please help me with your replies. Thank you in advance.

You should probably download the latest available version of Google Chrome and install that in your system rather than installing the files from the earlier downloaded setup of Google Chrome. Make sure that you have downloaded the setup from the official website of Google Chrome to avoid installing or downloading any wrong file. Also make sure that your have uninstalled the earlier Google Chrome from your system and also have removed all the possible related files from your system. If require restart your system whenever it is prompted to do so.

Pinned tabs are not permanent but they won’t disappear by themselves. They might have not load correctly. So I would suggest you to unpin them and then pin one site at a time and check if they are sticking or not. If one has got stuck then go for another one and so on. To shrink a tab and pin it to the Google Chrome, right-click the tab and select the Pin Tab. If you have already pinned a tab, then you just need to drag them to the left side of the browser window and they will automatically shrink.

• It is possible for user to create a number of tabs which are pinned permanently. You just need to use the following few commands to so so:
    • Right-click the Google Chrome shortcut and click on the Properties option.
    • Now add: - -pinned-tab-count=x at the end point of the target path.
    • Replace the value of x by any number. This will identify the numbers of pinned tabs you wish to add to the browser
    • Finally you need to add the complete URL of the website you wish to pin. You have to enter the URLs just next to the above command.
    • Make sure you keep spaces in between each URL

Chrome path – -pinned-tab-count=3 website URL