Thread: How helpful is BIS blackberry.net email?

How helpful is BIS blackberry.net email?

I am presently looking for the cheap BlackBerry plan. I do not mind a lot meant for the social networking. My major main concern is email except if I were to accumulate a plan by means of voice and $15 email as well as IM then it would cost extra. The CSR informed me that social networking, similar to every BB data plans, comes by means of a free of charge "user@carrier.blackberry. net" account. I utilize the gmail account used for the whole thing. My university email sends to it and I am able to mail as my university email through gmail too. I am essentially wondering where BIS would arrive. Would I require containing gmail forward the whole thing to the BIS account? If I were to respond to one of the given emails then I am assuming the receiver would perceive my "user@carrier.blackberry.net" email like the sender in place of user@gmail. com. Should I simply go by means of a data plan so I can essentially set up the gmail account resting on the blackberry?

Re: How helpful is BIS blackberry.net email?

Currently I am on the data plan but I am able to forward all of my emails to bell.blackberry. net. I discover it tremendously expedient particularly intended for hotmail users experiencing delay. This is all depend on your requirement, data plan probably be improved if you are going to make use of the BlackBerry intended for browsing in addition. I have not notice some delays by means of forwarding to carrier.blackberry. net addresses.

There are many problems by using the carrier email address. These are completely unfiltered used for SPAM. If the address becomes out and is "harvested" you might obtain additional SPAM than you desire to obtain. You cannot obtain it by means of you when and if you modify carriers. When you remove or abandon the BIS account, the email address is disappeared. And possibly the main cause not to employ it is that the just method to read otherwise send mail as of that account is on BB itself. There is no webmail choice, therefore in the arrival of a data outage and they do happen often sufficient for this selected problem. You contain no email access in anticipation of data comes reverse.

Is a BB server going down frequently? If that is the case then I am thinking that BIS may be okay if I just require waiting up to date on top of emails right through the day. It looks like a trouble may happen when I require replying. It would disclose my BB email to recipients and I would not be capable of keeping a copy of the propelled mail on the gmail account except I BCC'd it. You cannot make use of BIS to "send as" an additional email similar to you be able to do on gmail.

I do not consider that some of the Social Networking plans comprise email. I believe the rep was wrongly informed. My @carrier.blackberry.net is the just email I utilize on my machine and I cannot keep in mind the previous time it go down. Apart from some email you exercise on your machine will route throughout RIM's servers, therefore if there's some outage it will as well influence hotmail, gmail etc. I have tried the same @carrier.blackberry.net address about 3 years and I do not contain an problem by means of spam. I do not provide that address out although. I just promote my hotmail toward my @carrier.blackberry.net email and I arrange it in order that emails sent from it contain my hotmail account the same as the comeback address. The carrier matter is not a problem the method I contain it set up since I never free that address to anybody.