Thread: IE 8 only with Windows 7 re-prompts for password authentication

IE 8 only with Windows 7 re-prompts for password authentication

I’ve a SONY VAIO laptop and I’ve recently installed a windows 7 operating system in my laptop before this I’m using windows vista. I’m using internet explorer 8 browser in my laptop. When I’m using internet while visiting to website IE 8 re-prompt me for initial login. Whenever I visit any website this login message prompts me again and again. I don’t understand why it is prompting for password. Are you have any idea about this ?. please tell me what should I do to avoid this message, is something wrong with my browser ?. please give me the solution to solve this issue.

Re: IE 8 only with Windows 7 re-prompts for password authentication

I think there is something wrong in your browser setting. check your browser setting, if you find every thing is perfect then close your browser and set a new password and user name. After doing this start your browser and check that you’re getting this problem again or not. If you’re still get this problem then you can reinstall your browser. First remove your browser updates from the system, you can do this by going in control panel of your system. after removing install your browser again in your system. hope it works for you.

You have to update your browser, I think you should update your browser first and then check it, there are many website which provide the updates of internet explorer 8, you have to search on internet for this. you can also updates from the official website. You don’t have to pay any thing for doing this. if updating does’nt work for you then try some different version browser. You can download any browser version from the internet.

I think you’re getting a login window of a website which you’re visiting and you’re thinking that it’s a browser authentication window. The browser only need authentication for accessing internet, once you’ve entered a correct user name and password then you can access your internet and it will not prompt you again. The message window which prompt you may be for some other website. You should ensure that you’re not visiting any such website which require a authentication password for accessing .

You should download a new version browser and install in your system. if that message window is not going from your browser then you can also uninstall your browser and reinstall it again in your system. after installing browser restart your system and then check that you’re getting that message again or not. If you’re not getting that message then it’s good if you’re still getting that message then you should install a new browser in your system. for more help you can also search on internet regarding this issue.