Thread: Chrome 8 incompatibility with NOD antivirus

Chrome 8 incompatibility with NOD antivirus

I am thinking of upgrading my browser. I had a chrome 6 now i am thinking of upgrading to chrome 8 which is newly released. After browsing the internet i got to know that there are various security features introduced in the browser. I have also heard that we would have to make some changes in the existing security features of the antivirus, in order to make it compatible with our existing system. So is it true? actually i have a nod 32 antivirus currently running in my system. Just wanted to confirm with you all. If it is true then please do let me know whether what changes i have to perform in order to make it compatible. Please do reply as soon as possible.

Re: Chrome 8 incompatibility with NOD antivirus

Let me tell you that's true. Chrome 8 has come up with some of the additional security features that will help you in the safe browsing in the internet. In order to make it compatible with the existing system you have to make some changes in the anti virus settings. So that it gets adjusted with the new browser. So here are the changes that you will have to perform.
    1) You have to disable all the NOD SSL filtering.
    2) You will have to exclude chrome from NOD filtering.
    3) you will have to avoid chrome for any SSL connections.
    So these are the changes you must have to make with your current antivirus.

Well after looking at the above information i must say that you cant make all the changes one at a time. You have to possibly implement the rule one at a time. Most possibly you must go with the SSL filtering as both are non compatible with each other. At the same time you must keep in the mind that you cant compromise on your anti virus as well. So what i would advice you is that as of now you carry on with only one change and see how the chrome is working. Do let me know as soon as possible.

If you ask me i would wait for the different antivirus to be launched. Like the Firefox 4 and also the opera 11. Just looking out for that browsers and looking as if how they work with the different antivirus. After reading here i would definitely not like to go with the chrome. May be i will stick with the Firefox who has a good security settings and also it does not asks the users to make any changes in the antivirus settings. So possibly no chrome as of now.